Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lol thank god for Superduty Doors!

Storm

Lol my brother came by last night to see me.. He just got in from Iraq.. Get this, I never really knew it til he showed me.. He's got an 04 Ranger Edge.. Did you know you can take the freakin antenna off, pull up on the door handle like your gonna open it and shove the antenna in there and pop the lock? I about died when he showed me that.. So much for secure.. Grant it out superduty they have to bust our handles out but still.. Thats sad that all you gotta do is shove the antenna up there.. Dealers need to do some better work with door handles!

Storm

No kidding! Took him 60 seconds to pop his lock.. I was like WTF? One of the soldiers showed him.. He locked his keys in and the kid said I'll show you how to do it..

I told him he may want to invest in an alarm NOW! lol..

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
You would be AMAZED at what kind of "training" I got when I was in the USMC ;)

Gunner

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Ok Funny story about popping locks from the "it could only happen to me file"

Few weeks ago we had a stabbing. banger on banger, not a real high priority because the "victim" was uncooperative at best but any chance to put someone in jail is worth a little effort. Best we could get out of him was a brown chrysler sebring was the suspect vehicle and a hispanic stabber. Were seraching the area and my Sgt. comes across, of all things, a brown sebring parked a few parking lots away behind some businesses, and the hood is warm, windows cracked and a fresh big gulp in the cup holder. We think we have the car but can't get inside to check things out. Sgt gets the bright idea to borrow "something" from a local business to pop the locks. He walkes into an ice cream shop and comes out with a mop handle to try and stick through the window to pop the lock. Tells me the guy asks him what he wants with it and the Sgt says to try and get into a car. Owner wishes him good luck and gave it to him. Amazingly enuf it works and were checkin inside and I find a wallet with ID, money CC's etc in it. Id comes back to a Pon Sec Nguyn (Not real name but not important). Sgt asks to see the wallet, looks at the idea and says "That guy is probably not the suspect but he looks familiar. The the light comes on in his head. That is the owner of the damn ice cream shop. THE GUY WE BORROWED THE MOP HANDLE FROM! DOH!!!!! We hurridly lock up the car, give back the mop handle and drive away...

Wrong place wrong time.

Yep...on any explorer same thing. Unscrew the antennae, stick it under the rear hatch glass, and hit the electric lock button on the passenger side.

Pops right open. Fords are soooo secure. :rofl:

You don't even need to bring any burglar tools to get in. Ford supplies a nice one on every vehicle.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Give me a coat hanger or a antena and I can get in a 90's F150 in no time.

Storm

Hate to break this to you, but a SD can be broken into in about 20 seconds flat, given an experienced person.

True but that involves damaging the door.. What I meant was the fact you could break into a Ranger without breaking the door..

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Give me a coat hanger or a antena and I can get in a 90's F150 in no time.

Just use your hands to push the beercan window open. The latch stays closed but the glass pops out a the frame and it slided open.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Ok Funny story about popping locks from the "it could only happen to me file"

Few weeks ago we had a stabbing. banger on banger, not a real high priority because the "victim" was uncooperative at best but any chance to put someone in jail is worth a little effort. Best we could get out of him was a brown chrysler sebring was the suspect vehicle and a hispanic stabber. Were seraching the area and my Sgt. comes across, of all things, a brown sebring parked a few parking lots away behind some businesses, and the hood is warm, windows cracked and a fresh big gulp in the cup holder. We think we have the car but can't get inside to check things out. Sgt gets the bright idea to borrow "something" from a local business to pop the locks. He walkes into an ice cream shop and comes out with a mop handle to try and stick through the window to pop the lock. Tells me the guy asks him what he wants with it and the Sgt says to try and get into a car. Owner wishes him good luck and gave it to him. Amazingly enuf it works and were checkin inside and I find a wallet with ID, money CC's etc in it. Id comes back to a Pon Sec Nguyn (Not real name but not important). Sgt asks to see the wallet, looks at the idea and says "That guy is probably not the suspect but he looks familiar. The the light comes on in his head. That is the owner of the damn ice cream shop. THE GUY WE BORROWED THE MOP HANDLE FROM! DOH!!!!! We hurridly lock up the car, give back the mop handle and drive away...

Wrong place wrong time.

:rofl:

They sell little plates for the superdutys I think to make them more secure.

I've heard that about the ranger before, but never tried it

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I have seen videos, made for police departments by convicted car thiefs at local junk yards. They show crooks getting into all types of vehicles with ease.

Saw one video where a convicted car thief broke into 10 locked cars/trucks of various makes models in 47 seconds total...with ONLY a BUTTER KNIFE and there was virtually no visible damage to the vehicles.

I have seen videos, made for police departments by convicted car thiefs at local junk yards. They show crooks getting into all types of vehicles with ease.

Saw one video where a convicted car thief broke into 10 locked cars/trucks of various makes models in 47 seconds total...with ONLY a BUTTER KNIFE and there was virtually no visible damage to the vehicles.

now THAT's a skill

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts