Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

LMC truck body parts

Question, are the body parts from LMC truck, made at the same metal thickness as the factory metal on my 77 ford?

Granted i would be using 99% re-pop parts the only part i can save on my truck is the cab. Finding local body parts used is not a option, people either want way to much for the part or its been recycled

As for the condition of my truck, It has minor body damage on the fenders and more dents in the bedsides then i can repair, also deep rust on the hood and top of cab. Also missing the tailgate. the major Pro is not one single rust hole.

side note, I personally seen an aftermarket tailgate bend the very first time the owner step up on it, he was pretty upset because it wasn't that much cheaper than getting a quality replacement. (came from overseas)

I do know that all sheet metal body parts from LMC come from China ( at lease all the parts for my ford )

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
x2 on what Roy said...LMC Has some decent products dont get me wrong however body parts arent one of them if you want proper fitment originality,quality,longevity..Some yrs ago i bought A china door for my former bumble bee 76 ford F-100 Biggest mistake i made, never could get it to fit properly and using shims, and rusted out the bottom in 3yrs with undercoating...

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed, Agreed! In this case satisfaction comes with a price. Either NOS or used or Dennis Carpenter. Dennis Carpenter used to stock and sell used sheet metal. I don't know if they still do that.

Paying a little more will keep you from having to adjust a lot or to replace it again later.

I think some of DC's stuff is also now imported, but the manufacturing specs are what will make the difference.

That does get a bit tough on the body Doug - i've got a mate that works in a coal mine over on the west coast that has shifts like that but he loves having that time off like you say.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts