Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

little help

was at work and my truck just died on me i switched tanks nothing thought i was on my rear tank i been under the truck with a flash light if i unplug the switching valve should it click like a normal solenoid valve how can you test it i have power going to it

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Did you verify that you aren't getting fuel? My truck cut out on me earlier in the week while in Washington, DC. My coil wire popped off. I would see if you are getting spark.

First you have to DETERMINE what you don;t have ....Fuel or spark.

Don't just assume you have a fuel problem without putting some down the carb.

i checked all of that i felt the switch moving this morning i didnt have any fuel i covered the one port with my finger had the old lady crank it it fired right up put the fuel line back on it and fired it back up let it run for a few i dont have a clue now

Trucker_Eric

Mechanically Inclined
spray some starter fluid in the cab, and see if you get fiel. if your not, well, it could be a fuel pump, a fuel line, etc. if you are getting fuel, but it still wont run, take one spark pug out of the port, put it on something metal, and crank it over while somebody checks if you have a spark. if you dont, it could be a bad wire, bad coil pack, something unplugged, etc.

hope this helps ya.

-"Pete"

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Glad you got it going again.

"spray some starter fluid in the cab:

"i dumped gas in the carp "

Cab , Carp.....

Putting Fresh Gasoline down the throat of the Carb is far better than starter fluid.

you got to be carefull with the dual tanks if you dont have fuel in the rear tank sometimes it wont start becouse when you go to start the truck all power is going to the starter so the selanoid is going to be pulling from the rear tank the selonoids are only on and off swiths when theres no power going to the selanoid it goes to the rear tank i found this out the hard way i had about the same problem as you wasent getting gas i changed the fuel pump and it just ended up being that i needed gas in my rear tank happy you got it runing

aka: .......Solenoid

WiringFuelsystem2-PLCopy-1.jpg

Last edited:
well drove it around today with out any problems so im not really sure what went on but going to pull the rear tank andput in a new one and then the front tank another weekend run new lines and all that good stuff

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts