Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lights are on FINALLY! :]

My Dad and I finished puttin' on my lights tonight! I am totally stoked they look great.
Tell me what yall think.

And No; they arent drilled into the bumper...

IMG02946.jpg

Behind the bumper there are few sets of whole that are about 11 inches apart and are evenly spaced.
So we picked the middle two and made two brackets that looked like upside down L's that stuck out the front just under the grille. And drilled a hole in the end of them to mount the lights on. Bolted them behind the bumper and mounted the lights. It worked really well :D

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
looks like a clean app. congrats on finding the holes.

See cause Tony has a problem with that! HAHA couldn't resist....and another one lounge bound!

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
looks like a clean app. congrats on finding the holes.

See cause Tony has a problem with that! HAHA couldn't resist....and another one lounge bound!

Actually your wife told me you had a problem with that......

Ok im gong to hell now...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Wow you musta really talked to her! HAHA well I don't get much practice!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
ok back to the lights.....How did you end up hooking them up? did you fun them with your low beams or highs, or are they like a daytime running light set up?

ok back to the lights.....How did you end up hooking them up? did you fun them with your low beams or highs, or are they like a daytime running light set up?

We ran the wiring for them straight from the lights to a switch we mounted in the little cubby hole on the dash.

If I remember right, they are the high beams.
I will double check tonight when I get home and let you know for sure. :]

Looks very nice. And kudos for not drilling the bumper like a hack.

Stuff like that bothers me...

and Yeah I agree and my bumper isnt in bad shape. It only has one dent in it and its so small you really cant notice it unless you are really looking and I didnt want it to rust up where I would have drilled them because of all the mag cloride and stuff on the roads.

Blade

Backwoods boy
i didnt have 2 drill my bumper....... but then i was reinstaling new lights 2 my ranger.... still no rust on the bumper tho.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
It's darn near impossible to neatly and completely undrill a hole, so coming up with a solution that doesn't mean drilling but gets you the results you want is always a good call.

*Where is Elizabeth, CO, anyway? I've spend a bit of time down near Cortez, and traveled around CO a bit. One of my favorite states.

It's darn near impossible to neatly and completely undrill a hole, so coming up with a solution that doesn't mean drilling but gets you the results you want is always a good call.

*Where is Elizabeth, CO, anyway? I've spend a bit of time down near Cortez, and traveled around CO a bit. One of my favorite states.

LOL!
Dont blink or you may miss Elizabeth. Its about 45 minutes south of Denver.
Close to Castle Rock [[ Dont know if you have been there]] We pretty much have a Grocery Store, Feed Store, Bank, and a Gas Station. lol. But its growin! We are gettin a WALMART!!! [[ eye roll not excited. I dont know why they have to come into our little town]]

ANYWAY! My buddy lives in Cortez and when he comes up here he says its about 3 to 3 and a half hours away.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Close to Castle Rock [[ Dont know if you have been there]] We pretty much have a Grocery Store, Feed Store, Bank, and a Gas Station. lol. But its growin! We are gettin a WALMART!!! [[ eye roll not excited. I dont know why they have to come into our little town]]

ANYWAY! My buddy lives in Cortez and when he comes up here he says its about 3 to 3 and a half hours away.

Yeah, I been through Castle Rock a couple times. Not enough to really know the area, but I know roughly where you're at. When I'm out in CO, I'm in (near) Dove Creek...sounds about the same size. :D

We was pullin' a 20' trailer, but it was a durn site more than 3.5 hrs the way I remember it...'course with 300k miles, the ol' PSD wasn't exactly excited to pull Wolf Creek Pass, especially coming home loaded.

(Oops. I hijacked your thread. Sorry. :redface: )

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts