Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

lightening gauge swap

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I already have a tach, but doesn't the lightening tach redline at like 6k?
I know the speedo is 100mph speedo.
Can y'all keep an eye out for me for one. I'm also wanting to do an led swap for the dash lights. Thanks

Also any links to good info would be appreciated.

Thanks yall

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
yep.. digital..

see........

odometer.jpg

I've been wanting to do that swap as well for years now....its just hard to find the Lightning cluster (and when you do, its usually pricey).

The mileage data is stored in the PSOM, I don't see why they wouldn't swap over. And the mileage can be changed, you just have to go up and make it roll over.

I know Steve83 has posted some information about it over at FSB....IIRC he even offered to match your mileage on a new PSOM if you had fried yours.

I just collect low mileage PSOMs in the yard as I find them. I have one at 96,xxx and another at 104,xxx.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Yes, the lightning clusters can be pricey...a buddy of mine picked one up for his F250 powerstroke for 120 with 112k on it......the norm for em that I've noticed is around 150-200 bucks...I wouldn't spend any more than that if the mileage is particularly high...just cause some people think they're gold plated doesn't mean they are.....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts