Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lighted Visors!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Not tryin to get nobody's hopes up, but there's a set on Ebay right now for anyone that wants em. Quite the hefty price though. Ad says 2 hours at the time of this post. However, there's no bids, so it might get extended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250687070408&viewitem=

071110010.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy cht...love to have them, not at that price tag though. I gotta admit, those are the thing I always kick myself over when I leave the JY...I rarely ever check for them.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would never pay $200 for them, but if I found a set I'd be more than happy to sell them for that. Cool option, but not worth the price to have in my truck.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Holy cht...love to have them, not at that price tag though. I gotta admit, those are the thing I always kick myself over when I leave the JY...I rarely ever check for them.

I check every time I go. If I find a set (which I never do) you can have them for less than $200.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Agreed...I'll turn on the dome light or map light or both. And if that ain't enough, I'll tell them to use the mini mag lights I have sitting in my console or glove box.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Dang, that'd be nice if I was doing a full to stock loaded restoration, but I'd hate to have $200 visors in a DD. I wouldn't want to actually 'use' them!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Would it be at all possible to graft a light/mirror from a car to a regular pair of visors? That mirror/light combo doesn't really look that different from any of the other ones i've seen in the fancier cars?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'm sure it can be done if you wanted lighted mirror visors...

I'm just looking for them cause they're rare. :D

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm suspecting you'll say 199.99.

That's funny, but I'd let them go cheaper if I found a set. I'll keep you in mind first if I ever find the visors.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm just looking for them cause they're rare. :D

Dang...remind me to keep you in mind the next time I'm ready to sell any of my junk. I'll put rare in front of it and sell it your way. I'll guarantee, you'll never see another 'X' like it....mainly due to the condition it'll be in though.

That's funny, but I'd let them go cheaper if I found a set. I'll keep you in mind first if I ever find the visors.

Appreciate that bud. To be honest, I don't even need the set, I'm really just looking for the passenger side for my rigs. And then I'll either reupholster what I have or dye, or whatever is easiest to get them to match.

Looks almost like the ones in my explorers wonder if they will work?

I'm wondering the same thing, I figure if the visor is the same length, it should work.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I don't know if I would say he is a crook. That has been the going rate on Ebay for a long time now. If people will pay, why not? :)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I agree with Sean. The guys knows what he has. He got lucky enough to find them, so he's not gonna let em go for cheap. If you find a quarter on the ground, and your buddy offers you 15 cents for it, you're gonna say no deal because you'd be the loser.

One of the rarest options on the 7th gens is power mirrors. I've only seen them once on a Bronco that was for sale on Ebay. If somebody had a set and knew what they had, you can guarantee those mirrors would go for at least $300.

I know where he can put them for that price. What a crook.

Please explain why he is a crook? If they were mine and I didn't want white I'd ask the same price. White is by far one of the rarest colors that I have ever seen them in. If I were building a truck with a white interior I'd buy them in a second. Because you think they are overpriced does not make him a crook. Hell I traded a set of red lighted visors for an NOS set of factory tow hooks. I then sold the tow hooks on ebay for 250. It's all about who wants it.

I sold ONE mirrored Lariat visor for $80.00 USD + Shipping... 5 years ago.

The guy couldn't pay fast enough.

With that said, I have a Jade Green set from a Mercury Marquis in my Garage

Those both have mirrors but ther visor is too short for a truck

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It runs down to a connector that hooks up along with the glovebox light wire. It is a green wire behind the dash.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts