Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

light for gear slector

ok so I got a 04 150 fx4 with the center shifter. I just relized the light just went out. I pulled everything apart to get to the bulb. It looks like it was burnt. So my question is can I get a new one anywhere or do I have to go to ford? And has anyone changed one how do you do it. Do you just pull the wires out cause I tried that and it didnt seem like they wanted to budge.

blacksnapon

Staff member
The shifters that I have worked with used lights similar to dash lights. A half turn should bring it out. As far as the light itself, I dont know if its a dealer item or not.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The shifters that I have worked with used lights similar to dash lights. A half turn should bring it out. As far as the light itself, I dont know if its a dealer item or not.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid Get the number off it and you may possibly get it aftermarket. Bulb should just pull out of the socket. May require a half turn to remove from the shifter itself.

ok i got it the bulb didnt have a number on it but i found the same bulb at autozone didnt cost much and i had to use some plyers to pull it straight up cause it was stuck and and i couldnt get a grip with my fingers but thanks guys.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
ok i got it the bulb didnt have a number on it but i found the same bulb at autozone didnt cost much and i had to use some plyers to pull it straight up cause it was stuck and and i couldnt get a grip with my fingers but thanks guys.

Anytime.. YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts