Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lifting a coil frontend

I got a 75 f150 coil front im lifting. found a 9in lift for cheap im gonna put on it but i wanna get a lil more outa it. would it be fine if i dropped the coil spring towers like 2 or 3 inches as long as i have enough reinforcements?

You might catch me a lie here but if memory serves me correct there is a difference between the 2Wd & 4WD upper spring mounts. I do not remember which is which. If you use the 2WD on a 4WD it lifts the truck OR if you use the 4WD on a 2WD it lifts the truck. No repositioning just cut the rivets out and bolt on the replacement set. Might be worth looking into. I do not remember the gain either. Sorry but I dropped my truck (threw away the I Beam suspension) so the article wasn't that important to me. Hopefully someone here has more info on the subject.

Ok thanks. The truck is origanaly 4x4 so i think im gonna just drop the spring towers. And what you mean dropping the buckets. What are you referring to as "buckets"

I have a four inch lift currently, just want another inch or so.......cheap. I did a Google search and couldnt find much info on this technique. As an after thought grinding rivets sounds like a pain.

It isn't called a bucket

it is called a spring saddle

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts