Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lift kit question

My 4 inch rough country lift showed up today and i was just reading through the installation instructions, it says front lower coil spring retainer plate has to be modified to fit the larger coils. Anyone installed one of these puppies and modified these so that i can have everything ready to modify it when i go to install it. Basically WTF do they mean by modify ( weld piece on, grind it down , bend it ,)??????

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I never done a lift on a 150 but, I'll guess and say that the plate more than likely has to be bent because (I think) the new coil springs will be of a slightly larger wire diameter............maybe someone else knows for sure???

well this is what i want to know, if i have to make fab something up i would do it before i start hauling it apart. anyone ??????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I can't remember what the exact modification is, but I believe it's to prevent the spring from bowing. I know I see it discussed from time on FSB.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts