Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Let's Get Ready to Rrrrrumble....

One last comment concerning where Toyota was aiming with the Tundra.

You may remember that base Tundras were as much as $4,000 higher than the Ford/GM equivilent.

As the options were piled on, the MSRPS were very close......(of course, it took a few months before Toy was forced to offer the rebates that Ford/GM already had.)

Much like a few years ago when SUV's were uber hot; GM gave up the police market when it decided that strippy Tahoes were taking up too much production effort; more $$$ could be had by selling more optioned vehicles.

On a purely subjective note: if I needed a strippy regular cab, the Tundra would be my last choice even if it was the same price. I may think that the Tundra was a better Crew Cab when equipped with a 5.7/6speed in '07.....doesn't mean it's better in every configuration.

(I also think the Tundra is the modern day Lightning/SRT10 when equipped with the 5.7 in a Regular Cab Short Bed.....throw a factory warrantied supercharger on one and you have 505HP ROCKET!!!)

Nighty nite, Ern.

Ford Truck Articles