Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Left Side Rust Out

Does anyone know why the bottom of the cab, just behind the drivers door rusts out? Practically all the trucks from '87 on to the redesign I see have this problem.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
If you lie under that corner and look up you can see the sheetmetal goes up into that corner quite aways..it's pretty deep.....I've seen it on both sides but come to think of it it usually doesn't get as bad on the passenger side.The only thing I can see is when they salt the roads the layers get overlapped in the center between the lanes putting more salt there...and that only gets enhanced when vehicles pass you and blow it all over the underside on the vehicle..

tboss619

tboss619
my 81 had a rubber gromett in the bottom of the space and I removed it so the warer cld run out ,,,,if yours dont have the grommett then drill you a 1/2 in hole and go to the hrdwre store and buy a open gromet to place in the whole ,,,the open gromet will allow the wate to drain from the cavity.....imho

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
0614091341c.jpg

0614091342.jpg

it just happens i guess..happened to me...my seat belt mount rusted away so i have no belt right now

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts