Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Last year for IH/IDI?

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I wanna say that it was 1994 and 1995 were powerstrokes, but were there any 95's made with the IDI turbo diesels?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
* 1983–1987 — 6.9 L IDI (indirect injection)
* 1988–1993 — 7.3 L IDI
* 1993–1994 — 7.3 L IDI with Turbo
* 1994–2003.5 — 7.3 L DI (direct injection) "Power Stroke"
* 2003.5–present — 6.0 L DI "Power Stroke" (Only E series vehicles currently)
* 2008–present — 6.4 L DI "Power Stroke" (Only F series vehicles currently)

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Thanks.

Im looking for a diesel and am on the fence between IDI and powerstroke

I like the simplicity of the International motors in that i dont need a computer degree to work on it, but im afraid that you just cant beat the power potential of a powerstroke.

Sure you can turn up the IP and mess with downpipe/exhaust on the IDI's and get good power, but one flash tune and the powerstroke is rollin coal and chittin chevys

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Thanks.

Im looking for a diesel and am on the fence between IDI and powerstroke

I like the simplicity of the International motors in that i dont need a computer degree to work on it, but im afraid that you just cant beat the power potential of a powerstroke.

Sure you can turn up the IP and mess with downpipe/exhaust on the IDI's and get good power, but one flash tune and the powerstroke is rollin coal and chittin chevys

find a good 95+ powerstroke turbo and chip /exhuast and intake and you will be more than happy :)

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I thought it was Navistar?

I thought it was Navistar?

Navisatar bought International and phased out the name, basically all of the original International Harvester was liquidated, but Navistar brought over the diesel line. As of next year, Ford will be free of IH/Navistar. Hell, they barely got along since they paired up in 1983... :p

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
My buddy's got a 89 IDI 7.3 diesel and it'll smoke a powersmoke......don't underestimate em.....you can blow doors off a PSD with a turbo kit and correct pump tuning.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts