Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

last minute details 302-351 : M5OD-ZF

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
But the 302-351 is a bolt in swap correct? I mean its the same block so the motor mounts are the same, do i have any clearence issues im going to run into when i start the swap?

also anyone have any idea how much im gunna have to change the tranny mounts? also rear driveshaft length? the ZF is longer i think so im thinking i might have to use the rear driveshaft off the standard cab F250 i dont know

pretty much gunna start thursday morning, thrash it till it works and have it done to drive to work friday morning. thats the plan at least

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yes it is a direct bolt in. Shouldn't be any clearance issues. Dunno about tranny mounts. You could just have the dshaft shortened, or use the other shaft as temporary until you can get it shortened.

Last edited:
No... the 302 and 351 do not use the same block, the 351 is wider and taller. But.. the mounts are in the same place and the tranny bolt pattern is the same, so one bolts right in where the other was. The engine balance is different too so make sure you use a 28oz flywheel with the 351, 302 balance is 50oz for all motors after 1981.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
remember im taking the entire engine/tranny/t case assembly from the f250 and putting it in the f150 hopefully without having to unbolt anything cause im pulling the hood, fenders and grill off to make room to swing it all in

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Well after a weekends work the motor tranny and t case are OUT of the F250!!!

I cant beleive i snaked them out all still atached lol

now im trying to figure out the differences in the two trucks vacumn systems before yanking the 302 from the 150

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts