Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

KY Newbie

Howdy all. Been on the "other forum" for years and just now got tuned in to this site. Looking forward to it. My ride is a 1978F250 Lariat 4x4. C6 w/Dana 60 front & rear, 514 stroker.

Attachments

• Big Orange.JPG
Welcome and glad you took me up on the offer.
This is the site where all the banned aids moved to ;)

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
1. Welcome! We have many refugees, err, members from 'the other site'... you'll find the pace a little better here.

2. WOW! Yer truck is NICE! :D

3. Did I tell you your truck was nice?!

4. Feel free to share as many pics as you want.

smilieFordlogo

thanks a bunch! Not but one or two tangerine orange 78s around here in central ky. Gaudy and offensive to all the UK blue lovers here. Being a Clemson alum from SC--well it makes it even sweeter. It has the original paint and interior and I'd like to restore that in future. I upgraded the engine and other than the wheels most everything is stock/original.

thanks a bunch! Not but one or two tangerine orange 78s around here in central ky. Gaudy and offensive to all the UK blue lovers here. Being a Clemson alum from SC--well it makes it even sweeter. It has the original paint and interior and I'd like to restore that in future. I upgraded the engine and other than the wheels most everything is stock/original.

Very nice truck! I love it! I take it you're from the E-town,KY area? Im a couple hours across the river from ya in southern Indiana.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Drool, that's a helluva rig...glad you gave us a look. I think you'll find just about the best 73-79 knowledge on the interwebs around these parts. Anyway, kick back, relax and enjoy your stay.

thanks Ben & Evansf250. I'm in the Richmond/Lex area of central ky. I like the signature Jesus, Bible, gun, family wife etc..----that is great

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I like the signature Jesus, Bible, gun, family wife etc..----that is great

If you don't have those things, ya don't have anything. Anyway, welcome aboard...you ever journey south? I make trips over to Knoxville fairly regularly.

Roger that 100%. yep I can make the drive thru Knox-town blindfolded. I'm through there a god bit making trips back to the homeland (upstate SC). Ben your 77 from the small pic looks to be early 77 (high boy) and is that a camper or trailer special tool box I see?? Looks like a dandy indeed!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good deal man, thanks for the compliment...I'm a UT alum and head that direction pretty often, sounds like you travel pretty close to me on those SC voyages as well. We'll have to meet up some time.

thanks Ben & Evansf250. I'm in the Richmond/Lex area of central ky. I like the signature Jesus, Bible, gun, family wife etc..----that is great

No problem and oh ok, I've been to lexington. couldnt get over how nice your truck still looked with the original paint.

I got the truck out of Washington State and it is amazing what NO SALT will do. I was told they use sand out there. It had a few minor rust sports that had been treated with that black rust prohibitor POR type stuff and beyond that it was very solid.

Learn new things everyday, I always thought the only place to find good shape older vehicles was Cali and Arizona. Your slot wheels also look like brand new.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Welcome aboard! So Dana 60's front and rear ehh? Still got the 44 around?

Also where in WA did that rig come from?

Thanks for all the comments. The dana 60 front was stock/original. attached is the vin/vehicle info FYI. I have never quite figured it out if this was officially a "snow plow prep" model or what. it has elements of that and the trailer/camper specials. The truck came from Tacoma area and I believe it was a one owner truck prior to me.

Attachments

• 1978 Ford VIN & brief info.jpg
Nice looking truck. Tangerine (w/ Wimbledon white) has always been one of my favorites. I was curious about the D60 front too. Some of the camper specials came with the D60 to help hold the weight of a slide in camper that hung over the cab.
Not always necessarily a snow fighter.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts