Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just sayin Hey!

Hey y'all.
Been listen in for awhile. Tryin to learn myself about what I've got.
A few weeks ago, I finally bought my dream truck.
been driven a family van and a jeep for way too long.
Got a good deal on an 88 F-350 dually with only 11,000 miles on it.
Been parked in a barn for most of its life. Almost no rust at all.
460 with a 3 speed automatic,,, Where's my 4th gear btw?
The first time I took it on the hiway, I get it up to 35 mph, and no more gears. I'm doin 3000 rpm and only doin 55 mph.
What would it take to get OD?
The more I drive it,, the more I love it,,, but,,, I need another gear.
Anyway,,, just sayin hey.
Marsh

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Welcome to the party.

Unfortunately, if memory serves OD wasn't available behind the 460 until '90ish... you've probably got the C6... ZF is a good swap, mine went from 8mpg to 11-13mpg...

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Good to have another 460 driver on board! Would love to see some pictures of your rig!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome..and are you sure about that 3000 rpm?.....with a 30'' tire and 4.88's you would be doing 3000{FTF}{FTF}{FTF}.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
at 55mph I'm at 2600rpm's with 265/75R16's T-18 trans and 4.10 gears. I've had the truck up to 3500rpm's but it was a hairy ride :eek:

That should equate to about a 32'' tire....number crunching sez 2370 rpm at 55....70 would be 3000.

Not sure I'd dare get it up to 70,,, you're right tho,, its probaly closer to 2700 after I get to 55.
What is the max I should ever push this girl,,, she's a beast,,, but I would sure hate to put the hurts on her.
Trying to figure out where and how to post pics,,, she's sitten inside the shop, so not the best of lighting.
Marsh

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You can go to the "gallery" here and it will prompt you to browse files on your computer...then upload them....then copy the "bb" code and paste it into your thread.

For whatever reason, it only allows me to attach to an e-mail. On my old computer, I had this down,, not so easy with this one.
Not sure these pics are worth the effort anyway. They are ok,,, just not in the nice sun light.
Marsh

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think you just have to go find the folder your pics are in...but I am not a computer guy at all.
And....any pic of a Ford is a good pic :D smilieFordlogo

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
HAHA, don't worry about sunlight - Duncan doesn't see much of it this time of year.............. neither do I for that matter

I think you just have to go find the folder your pics are in...but I am not a computer guy at all.
And....any pic of a Ford is a good pic :D smilieFordlogo

Right about the ford part. I have dual moniters,, reading fordtruckfanatics on one monitor, have my pics on the other,, can't drag and drop
Wow,,, I did it

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
HAHA, don't worry about sunlight - Duncan doesn't see much of it this time of year.............. neither do I for that matter

Ain't that the truth!

Right about the ford part. I have dual moniters,, reading fordtruckfanatics on one monitor, have my pics on the other,, can't drag and drop
Wow,,, I did it

Right on!...nice truck!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts