Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

just put 2" coil spacer on.............

Just put a pair of 2" coil spacers on the '94 F150 4x4. I really like how the truck looks now---- level. But it has the \ / with the front wheels. What can I do myself to try to adjust this back to normal?

I went to autozone for a camber kit and they can't get it in. I've never worked on any kind of alignment (camber etc.) before, and really can't afford to pay over 100 bucks for alignment or adjustment at a shop, unless you guys can't give me an alternative.

By the way, the kit I got was aluminum and it went on pretty easy, I spent more time rounding up the right tools than the actual installation. I'm very happy with the truck and I was warned ahead of time on here about the alignment problem, not me personally but I was expecting problems. Jim

thank you, I started doing all kinds of searches, and see that I need a pair of bushings. I notice my local Advance is not in stock for any that I looked up.

I'm hoping to get by with a -2 to +2 degrees camber bushing. I checked my Haynes book and found no useful info about adjusting camber. I guess I'll play it by ear. Jim

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
That'd be one of those things I wouldn't mess with if you can't afford an alignment. (I'd include the coil spacers in that, too...) Wreck your front tires, and now you're out the cost of an alignment AND two tires. Then again, I couldn't give a flip what my truck looks like, but I detest driving anything that isn't aligned right.

*That said, if you're doing it yourself...a quick and dirty method to check for how your tires are going to wear is to paint a patch of tread on your tires. Drive a little ways (in a straight line, ideally) until the paint just starts to wear off...that'll tell you how your tires will wear.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
That'd be one of those things I wouldn't mess with if you can't afford an alignment. (I'd include the coil spacers in that, too...) Wreck your front tires, and now you're out the cost of an alignment AND two tires. Then again, I couldn't give a flip what my truck looks like, but I detest driving anything that isn't aligned right.

*That said, if you're doing it yourself...a quick and dirty method to check for how your tires are going to wear is to paint a patch of tread on your tires. Drive a little ways (in a straight line, ideally) until the paint just starts to wear off...that'll tell you how your tires will wear.

smilieIagreesmiliewhathesaid

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
If you can't afford an alignment right now, or tires, i'd pull the coil spacers back out. I'm guessing you don't know to what degree your front wheels are off, so you're gonna be playing musical alignment bushings til you find the right one. That itself will be quite costly.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts