Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

July 9th photoshoot ('90 150)

Washed and waxed my F-150 today. Weather was fantastic for about half the day, and then it began to rain.

566f4820.jpg

38b51d7e.jpg

2fd8ee69.jpg

61ac9f2c.jpg

113f904c.jpg

a21c533b.jpg

Let me know whatcha think. I had to remove the aluminum panel on the tailgate recently, and I'm currently looking for a replacement. I'm also needing a **** tone of work done on it. Mostly maintenance items (wheel bearings, U-joints, the like), but the exhaust on this thing is barely clinging on to life.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Very awesome pics.. I gotta ask, why wash/wax your truck then take it down a dirt road though? :suspicious:

Mine would be filthy again, if I done that. I can't keep mine clean.. doesn't matter how hard I try, I still end up with mud/dirt slung all the way down the sides of it.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Your driving too fast down the dirt road then lol, looks good, polish them wheels out. Everything is pritty much gravy to do on these trucks, unless ur exhaust is rotted out manifold bolts then thats no fun.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Truck looks good. And I agree the exhaust is easy as long as the manifold bolts aren't rotted. That's a whole new experience right there LOL.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
:guns: Manifold Bolts.

I got a rusted one on my truck.P.O was nice enough to break the head off for me.Good thing I don't plan on keeping my Stock Exhaust Manifolds.

Truck looks nice man.In the first pic,you can barely see the holes left by the tailgate panel.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Very cool pics...I need to go to Alaska.

@countryboytn, my driveway is 1.8 miles of dirt. I had to help tow a sailboat over the rough patches (friend's Chevy couldn't handle it by itself), so I kinda had to roll on dirt.

@Fordtruckman80, I don't have stock manifolds on my truck. But the last owner did a botch job of installing it. I've been keeping it going barely over the past half year. I would have dealt with it sooner, but every penny I've acquired has gone to the new motor. As for the tail gate panel, I'm still searching for a new one. I've got a stock, black grill coming soon too.

@UTfball68, everyone should visit once. Just don't move here. It gets old pretty fast. ;)

@UTfball68, everyone should visit once. Just don't move here. It gets old pretty fast. ;)

I don't know about that, you just have to really like the climate. I lived in Fairbanks for 10 years and I'd LOOOVE to go back. The only thing I never cared for was the 20 hours of darkness in the wintertime.....super ghey

I don't know about that, you just have to really like the climate. I lived in Fairbanks for 10 years and I'd LOOOVE to go back. The only thing I never cared for was the 20 hours of darkness in the wintertime.....super ghey
To each his own. ;) My ma loves it here. I do too, but I'd rather move back to my real home in Northwestern Connecticut. But Alaska is really an incredible place to live.

Might I ask, why'd and where'd ya move to??

moved cuz dad had lack of work......ran up and down the pipeline for years, hauling oil and contstruction...one of the ice road truckers before it was a show:), then when that started goin down the tubes, he switched to long-haul truck driving and was down in the lower 48 all the time so we never got to see him.

Moved down here for work and college, but now I'd love to go back. Especially when I look at the pic in your sig

My dad works as an ice road bus driver, if you will. Same routes, but he hauls people instead of cargo. When he's not doing that he's hauling oil canisters up from Canada on a wide load goose neck.

Alaska is really unlike any other place, for better and worse. As much as I love New England, I wouldn't move back (yet). Not at this point in my life. I love fishing in the summers too much. ;) Fishing has paid for my truck and its new engine, with enough to spare for college funds.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts