Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Its REVIVAL Time!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
later brenda...

CAPofMD

Delaware Chapter member
the engine was originally designed to go into a little dinky Pontiac Fiero sports car... but due to poor oiling and high running temps the engine was known for catching fire.. its a good work horse engine.. but has its issues....

in the fieros itd run so hot itd ignite the oil in the oil pans... which my truck runs the same size pan the fiero did... 2.5L 4cyl.. aka the Iron Duke... think most of its cooling issues is due to the 3 qt oil pan which they never made a bigger pan for it supposedly.. other part is the tranny gearing.. 70 im running 3400 rpms...

Ran hot in the Fiero too..... My son now has 3 (or is it 4) of them. Pulled that 4 banger out of the red one and stuffed in the Chev 350 V8.... now THAT baby beats feet!

None of his ever ran THAT hot.....he had a brand new one back when.....loved it!

Last edited:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Ran hot in the Fiero too..... My son now has 3 (or is it 4) of them. Pulled that 4 banger out of the red one and stuffed in the Chev 350 V8.... now THAT baby beats feet!

None of his ever ran THAT hot.....he had a brand new one back when.....loved it!

yup... they ran hot enough in the fieros to catch the oil in the pans on fire... winters i run 10w40 in it.. summers i run 20w50 in it.. if i dont in the summers it just turns the oil to the consistency of water...

i wanted to put a 350 in it.. (actually a 400 lol) but woulda been too much work to do it... maybe someday when i have time, money and the 4 cyl goes again ill do the swap...

did he have the 4 spd muncie, 5 spd borg warner or the auto in his??

doing 70 on the highway..

70mph.jpg

my normal summer time temp while sitting at a light for 2 minutes...

hottruck.jpg

due to the blurriness.. that reads 240... after 220 it goes by 10's.. top marks 260.. start of red is 220...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
yay for brenda..

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
not much that i can tell... kinda tired myself... kinda ready for nap... dunno if its from unrestful sleep the last 2 nights or cuz my tummys full atm of doughnuts and rice-a-roni...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
they werent together... i had the doughnut while i waited for the rice-a-roni to cook... silly brenda lol..

they opened a new tim hortons down here so dad got some today...

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
LOL Good thing they weren't mixed. My stomach would be tore up!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
silly girl... theyre mixed in my tummy atm lol...

TazDevil07

hahaha

Oh well, I gotta go take care of some things. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a great night Shawn and whomever else visits!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
later brenda...

CAPofMD

Delaware Chapter member
yup...

did he have the 4 spd muncie, 5 spd borg warner or the auto in his??

doing 70 on the highway..

He has the AUTO in his.......think all of them do.....even the parts car.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ya know going back and re-reading i think i just confused myself... does he have the fieros or s10's??

TazDevil07

:wavey: checkin in, only few minutes left of my lunch. where's all the post ho's? looks like this is gonna take some time to rekindle....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts