Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Is there a site...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My 460 will out run both of y'alls 400s :D

If you're pushing over 4 bills and have proper gearing...then maybe. But don't forget, I got a couple 460's too.

YOu can have the 460 is you want it :)

Can I have it...I may just say screw the 400 build for the Bronco and do like everybody else and throw a turn key 460 in her.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
If you're pushing over 4 bills and have proper gearing...then maybe. But don't forget, I got a couple 460's too.

Can I have it...I may just say screw the 400 build for the Bronco and do like everybody else and throw a turn key 460 in her.

NO! your not TOny smilieneenar

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Daggon...you still don't have that done????? I thought you fixed that a few days after it happened.

I pulled it and started on it right afterwards. I got sidetracked with a side job painting a buddys mud truck. Alot of bodywork and little time to finish my own junk.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Do the 434 Ben....with AL heads and intake...should be no more that maybe 500 lbs and make damn near 600HP!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Do the 434 Ben....with AL heads and intake...should be no more that maybe 500 lbs and make damn near 600HP!

Yeah...definitely been thinking about it...Last check, a mild 434 build pushed 550hp 575tq...contacted a few guys and wild 434 builds ahve gone over 700mark. However, I'm thinking of going with Barnett High Performance and their 496 stroker...with CHI 3v heads. They said that setup will easily go beyond 650hp on pump gas. They also said the avg lifespan of that particular kit is 180k...ounds good to me, and the kit is only about $500 more than the 434. But that definitely isn't gonna happen anytime soon, probably wait to put another 50k on red which could be 15 years at this rate...or maybe I'll decide to do it when I redo her in 3-4 years. Who knows...they're all dreams and wants.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That 496 would be cool!.....I'm hoping to be about the 600/600 mark with the 434...want to keep the original block.

drg60

drg60
i have owned my share of chevy's and fords. i have never had such a hard time getting parts for a motor like the ford 351m. my 400 chevy resides in my car and goes right along. my ford i can't find anything for reasonable prices at the swap meets.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Thanks for that bossman. I love Bubba's page. I wonder why it went dormant. But thanks, seems as if I some how lost the link to the archive. I keep trying to rep you for it, but I gave too much out.

i have owned my share of chevy's and fords. i have never had such a hard time getting parts for a motor like the ford 351m. my 400 chevy resides in my car and goes right along. my ford i can't find anything for reasonable prices at the swap meets.

Really?????? Well I guess I have to agree, I usually have a hard time finding used parts. But I normally go all new anyway...so no biggie, and I've never had a hard time finding new parts...there's always somebody who will take my money...haha. Although, when I am looking at used parts, I typically just bypass asking for 351M parts...it usually confuses people and they bring me 351C or W parts...so I just search or say parts for a 400...eliminates ALL confusion.

351m parts are hard to find at swap meets. they are plentiful in junkyards, and there seems to be a growing following of aftermarket support.

the best part i ever found at a swap meet for a 351m/400 was an edelbrock intake for 75 bucks...

Thanks for that bossman. I love Bubba's page. I wonder why it went dormant. But thanks, seems as if I some how lost the link to the archive. I keep trying to rep you for it, but I gave too much out.

no problem, i'm surprised no one else mentioned bubbas m block page, its pretty much the best site for m block info!

drg60

drg60
the junk yards around here suck. i have looked at most of the yards and had one tell me that they had a 4v intake i lifted the hood and there it was a 351m with a 2 barrel. needless to say i was a bit disgusted. i have even gotten one junk yard to look into all other yards in my area and still came up with nothing. i had one guy at a swap meet tell me that he had the parts at his home. i took a ride there and he said oh i thought you wanted windsor parts. thats after telling several times about the motor being a modified. oh well.

the junk yards around here suck. i have looked at most of the yards and had one tell me that they had a 4v intake i lifted the hood and there it was a 351m with a 2 barrel. needless to say i was a bit disgusted. i have even gotten one junk yard to look into all other yards in my area and still came up with nothing. i had one guy at a swap meet tell me that he had the parts at his home. i took a ride there and he said oh i thought you wanted windsor parts. thats after telling several times about the motor being a modified. oh well.

honestly you'll never find anything by "searching" junkyard data baseses, they almost never inventory stuff this old, at least thats how it is around here, as far as m stuff goes, i dont think there is a junkyard around here that doesnt have at least one m block.

For the record...my 400 will stomp your 390 or ghey man's chevy any day.

Im not sure about that. The 390 thats going into the Thunderbird is gonna be pretty crazy (its bored, ported, polished, balanced, with a performance crank and cam, with edelbrock tripower intake/carburetors). :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Im not sure about that. The 390 thats going into the Thunderbird is gonna be pretty crazy (its bored, ported, polished, balanced, with a performance crank and cam, with edelbrock tripower intake/carburetors). :D

You got a desktop dyno projection???? I got chassis Dyno numbers at 347hp/468tq. I mean your build doesn't sound too crazy, I'd still consider that a mild build. Bore jobs don't do much for power...I mean a .060 bore job is roughly 10-12 cubes...porting and polishing might pick up another 25-30hp. Crank and cam is probably another 50hp. Dunno what balancing will do. Intake and carb...take it or leave it...I don't really consider those to be power adders....well maybe the intake, but the carb definitely isn't...and might add another 20hp tops. So you're looking at 100hp in known upgrades...and lets say the bore job and the help of balancing add another 50hp (pretty high). So you're looking at 150hp tops. Anyone know what a stock 390 put out at the rear wheels and not the flywheel. I figure it'll probably be pretty even numbers...and it's not like the tbird is a lightweight racer.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts