Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Introducing my new truck. Oh, and myself to.

Hello! Today is my Birthday! Yeeeeeee Friiiiiiiiken Haaaaaaaaaaw! My name is Dylan, I am 16 today! I will be taking drivers ed soon and actually be able to drive my new truck down the road. Let me tell you about MY truck. He is a 1967 F250 4WD with a 4-speed and a 352 motor. I think that's the size? Anyway, I worked last summer for this truck. I worked for a friend of the family on his farm. I scooped poop, I fed live stock, bucked hay from the field and stacked it. It was my first paying job and He worked me like dog! Anyway, I found this Ford and put down all the money I had. I still owed a couple hundred on it.

I came home today from school and it was sitting in the driveway! Mom had paid it off for my birthday and the guy who had it, delivered it. How cool is that?. I can't believe it's actually here. And mine! It runs great. It has new tires and brakes from Les Swhaub. The steering is tight it dosen't wonder at all. It's a little rough. Got a couple major dents but I love it! He told me it has 456 gears. Good or bad? I will post more pictures of it soon.

I want to get with people who like these old trucks. I need you guys in my corner when things go wrong I will need the advise of those who know. My truck being 45 years old. I figure I might have a problem now and then :)

Thanks guys for your opinion on my truck. If you have bad things to say? I can take it. I want to know the good and bad about my new truck. Thanks more than I can say in advance.

5Lb5If5E93I33Md3Jec527b81d67f7b931b80.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Should be an awesome first truck...lots of us around here enjoy the old steel, so you're in good hands. Kudos to you for working for what you have. Welcome to the site and happy birthday.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF smilieFordlogo , that's s great first truck!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Should be an awesome first truck...lots of us around here enjoy the old steel, so you're in good hands. Kudos to you for working for what you have. Welcome to the site and happy birthday.

You beat me to it. It's good to see younguns that are willing to work for what they want. Congratulations and welcome!

Thanks guys! Yes, I did work for my truck. Thank you. No daddy with deep pockets here. It's just mom and me. I busted my butt for this truck! I knew this was the right place. Here are some more pictures.

This is me & my truck
DSC00124-1.jpg

My Motor
DSC00125.jpg

Inside
DSC00126.jpg

My Bumper
DSC00127.jpg

My springs
DSC00129.jpg

Catatonic

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It looks pretty unmolested...cool.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I would do horrible things to have that truck. Good, clean platform for you and kind of a rare combo. If that thing has 4.56 gears with that 4 speed trans....woof, top speed must be about 50. Good lookin ride, happy birthday and welcome to the site.

Yes Sir Thunder, 4.56 I remember the man telling me that it did not come with, but his dad had them changed. I have taken it on the pavement (back roads) and at 60, it is wound tight. I would not feel comfortable driving it over 55. I'm not a freeway kind of guy anyway. I bought this truck from a pilot. Well, he was passed and I bought it from his son. It is a one owner truck, is that not amazing? I have service receipts from 1967 to 1999 when the old Gent passed away. The glove box was full of receipts! The son used it to get firewood for several years. I really don't think it has had a hard life. Indeed it is sweet. There is no rust to get upset over. A little surface stuff. Some exhaust issues. I think it's just a bad donut.

I just need money! I got stuff I want to do. Nothing fancy, I just want to make a real looker out of it. You know? I got a couple big dents. You see the one in the cab? It's right next to my head. There is another on the other side bottom of the bed. I don't know how to get them out but I will learn. I would like to see it fire engine red some day. Someday

Catatonic

Thanks guys for the b-day wishes. It was great! A b-day I won't forget. Went out and fired it up this morning. Moved it around the parking lot. That gave me my fix for today. Hey, do you guys like Marvel Mystery Oil? I have an Uncle that loves the stuff. Uses it in everything. What think?

Catatonic

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey, do you guys like Marvel Mystery Oil? I have an Uncle that loves the stuff. Uses it in everything. What think?

Catatonic

I believe it's a band aid for whatever ails your vehicle, and I don't believe in cure all lubricants...but I will say, anytime I've used it it seems to do the job.

Congratulations Dylan on your truck and your birthday. I hope you had a enjoyable birthday yesterday and many enjoyable days ahead with your truck.:)

Ford Truck Articles