Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Intermittent fuel problem

I have a 96 f250 w/460. Every once in a while It wouldnt start. It starting happening more and more, and now it's about 80% of the time I need starter fluid to get if started. Although once it starts, it runs flawlessly. It has the 2tank system and it doesn't matter what tank it's on. I hear the fuel pump kick on like normal when it's not starting. I also only get 8 or 9 mpg wether I'm city or highway driving no matter the speed, but it's been like this since I had the truck so I don't know if that's normal. I checked the fuel pressure and with the engine off I'm getting either 0 or 40 psi intermittently. With the engine r

natechesna said:
I have a 96 f250 w/460. Every once in a while It wouldnt start. It starting happening more and more, and now it's about 80% of the time I need starter fluid to get if started. Although once it starts, it runs flawlessly. It has the 2tank system and it doesn't matter what tank it's on. I hear the fuel pump kick on like normal when it's not starting. I also only get 8 or 9 mpg wether I'm city or highway driving no matter the speed, but it's been like this since I had the truck so I don't know if that's normal. I checked the fuel pressure and with the engine off I'm getting either 0 or 40 psi intermittently. With the engine r

With the engine running it gets 60psi wether the fuel pressure regulator is hooked up or not. I know it's suppose to be 28-45. What could be the problem? Bad regulator?

yeah that was my guess fuel pressure too high for a v-8
60 lbs is an inline six pressure-40 for a v-8

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts