Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Interior suggestions

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well now boys and girls, the Bronco's interior is coming along. I have all the necessary panels accessible to me, however, the seats (fronts will be soon too), headliner, and carpet are all black. I'm curious as to what you guys think would look better...black panels and dash pad, or the original sand panels and dash? Upholstery isn't changing colors, so that's staying black. The painted surfaces are Ford dark metallic brown. So would the lighter sand brown look bad? If I went black, would it be too much black? Should I paint the panels a dark brown metallic? Thoughts?????? Can't decide what I wanna do.

Anyone know of a vendor that has a dark brown metallic color that'll be pretty close to the Ford color in a rattle can? Or should I just go ahead and have someone mix an aerosol can for me?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
In my dent, I had the dark brown pad and panels with a dark brown/harvest seat. It looked better than the sand, IMO.

I'd go black all around.

I'd go with what Ford would to.

The appointments in Ford world IMO were well thought out so as not to look ugly.

I appreciate your need to be different but Brown exterior,tan topper back,Black Interior with tan appointments would give your truck the look of having an identity crisis.

How would that Tan canopy back look in Black with the brown truck ?

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I'd go dark brown to match the metal. The 78 F150 we had was outfitted with that interior, and I think it looks great.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks guys...appreciate the thoughts. For the record, I'm not particularly trying to be different, just trying to make what I have flow.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Thanks guys...appreciate the thoughts. For the record, I'm not particularly trying to be different, just trying to make what I have flow.

Trying to be different would be sticking with the gold velour you already had. Kudos for going back to stock!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^HAHA...thanks.

So...to rephrase the question. With the black upholstery in the Bronco, which would look better, sand panels and dash, black panels an dash or dark brown paint 'matched' panels and dash.

Right now, I'm leaning towards dk brown.

I agree about NO Black whatsoever with brown.

The black right now is the gremlin in this theme

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I say dark brown. I wouldn't put the effort into changing out all the black stuff if it is halfway decent. You obviously aren't going for some sort of full restoration.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I think brown panels and pad would look better. Black panels and pad might be too much black. One thing you could do is to take some pics of your interior and then photoshop the colors in there and see what might look better.

My dash looks black in the pic but its painted the same as the truck. Suprisingly with the dark tinted windows it doesnt get too hot in the South Florida summers. Oh and thanks Buck. Your interior pics did inspire me some to go that way.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts