Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

interior re-do!

Manimal

California Chapter member
I picked up a 1979 F350 S'Cab Ranger XLT just recently. I went to remove an added on speaker from a PO install,and had mouse poop fall out of it!:suspicious:
So the more "involved" I got with ti, the more poop I found!:puke:
I kinda got freaked out when I stuck the vacuum hose into the AC ducts and it sounded like SAND being sucked up! Hantavirus crossed my mind real quick! So I stopped and called my Dr. to see if any tests were available for early detection...he said no just watch for flu like symptoms!:( ...so far so good. Been 4 days and no symptoms, so back to work...only with gloves and a mask!
So I removed the instrument bezel and found my source for the poop!

This one was laying on top of the instrument cluster!... then I removed the clutster and found his friend!

So out came EVERYTHING inside that cab except the harness...

I then sprayed it all down with bleach and water mix,let it sit for a few minutes and hosed it out!
I pulled all the AC ducting out and bleached it as well...

Including the dash...

Now all I have to do is scrub it all down with hot soapy water and start to insulate and sound proof. I plan on removing the headliner while I am in there and insulating the roof also and fixing a small rust spot.

I ordered new carpet and kick panels from Stock Interiors. I still have to replace the heater core and may as well do a blower motor while I am in there.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The floors don't look bad at all....looks good actually.

Manimal

There is 0 rust in the floors of this thing. I got in there today and scrubbed everything with hot soapy water and 409 antibacterial spray. Gonna pull the rear panels and headliner tomorrow and make sure there isnt any mouse droppings there. Then I will be looking for some sound proof material and insulation and start reassembly!

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Guess mice are smart.

They like dents :D

Manimal

I ended up pulling the headliner down and found another dead mouse!...I have completely sanitized this truck. Everything has gone back together,just waiting on the New carpet from Stock Interiors. Should be here tomorrow.
I also lined the floor,doors and side/back panels with Peel and Seal....worked GREAT. Tomorrow I will lay down insulation then when the carpet gets here...DONE!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Looks like a great looking truck. Not as bad, but my 75 supercab had the same problem with mice when I got it. I found more mice nests than anything and a petrified little one fell out of my cab corner when I replaced it. Luckily, only a few chewed wires to the dome light but nothing else. I checked the ducting and not much in there. The good thing was, my father in law has many wild cats on the farm where it was, so I'm sure it kept the mice down a bit.

Anyway, look forward to seeing it all back together.

Manimal

Fortunately the mice did not eat anything pertaining to the truck! Maybe that's why they died!
Anyhow, I am just waiting on carpet now...everything else is done.....

Manimal

couple of pics from today...still have to insulate.

Manimal

IT's IN!

And look what box it came in!

Manimal

Almost DONE! Still have to install the sill plates!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good....how close was the carpet to original?

Manimal

The original color was very faded. But I will tell you,it sure looks NICE! and the fit was excellent!

Manimal

Thank You!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts