Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Interior Change of scenery

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas...I'm getting awfully sick of the gold portion of my interior. I'm not looking for an entire re-upholstery job, but I'm looking at the vinyl/fabric paint to change colors. Question is, what color do I change the gold to? I like the brown and am going to keep that, but I dunno what color would look good with it. For reference, the rear panels are almost all gold too. Here's a pic for reference, and please lemme know what you think would look good (or better at least):

DSC01381.JPG

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
i think bare cushions would look better than that!
How long have you had that bronk?
Its hidious!
Is it factory? If so could be worth some coin... As i have never seen something so ugly from the factory...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHAHAHA...definitely not factory. The PO apparently thought it looked good. I finally got all the harware and trim (exterior and interior and I mean everything from headlight knobs to the exterior dent chrome) back to chrome/silver and the last bit to be changed is the gold. It wasn't so bad when I was at school when I'd drive it once every week and then forget about it. But now that I drive it everyday and now that the top is off and everyone can see inside, I need to do something to take care of how tacky it is.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey bud how about a tan color it would make the brown u want stand out more............ Is that cloth it looks like it and its very 70s wow lol no hard feelings brother .

No offense taken...and it's crushed velvet. I was actually thinking along the lines of tan or maybe black.

Holy chit ! Looks like a pimp mobile.:pimp: I would have never admitted to owning that:prod:or post pictures.:rolling laugh:

Shoulda seen it with all the gold in/on it. But it's mine and I'm not ashamed of it...just time for a change. Initially I hated it, then liked it cuz it was unique, but now after 2 years...I hate it again. Although it is really plush, so I kinda like that aspect.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Just need a pimp hat and a cane. I think it looks hideous honestly, but I would keep it just to see the WTF look on people's faces :rofl2: Don't change it!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
WOW looks like a PIMP mobile interior

do it black.. black goes good with everything

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It reminds me of the van days when everybody was decking out the whore wagons. Back in the early 80's.

Well then this interior was doing its job.

Now back to colors...leave the brown and put tan where the gold is? Or put black where the gold is? Or do black all the way around? Any other suggestions?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Black gets hot if its vinyl. How bout some of the brown leather Ford's putting in the King Ranch. ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ CHA-CHING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not going that expensive MArk...just something to change the color. I was thinking a few cans of the Duplicolor rattlecan vinyl/fabric paint.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I dont think the paint will stick to the crushed velvet to well....
I think new fabric is in the works...

Heck some grey buckets from a gen 9 would be better, black if can of paint and your good togo.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
What about putting some brown seat covers over the seat? Save some money there and then maybe you can find some door panels at junkyard and paint them brown or tan.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts