Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Interesting substitute for jackstands..

your all jealous dammit and there are stands there
HPIM0242.jpg

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
your all jealous dammit and there are stands there
HPIM0242.jpg

1) I would have made the base of the tracks wider than the top, rather than even at the top and the bottom. Would add stability...........

2) I would have cross braced it a little more to make it more sturdy........

Other than that it looks like a pretty trick piece of engineering. :D

Gunner

i tried to get Sassy to stand under it...would have held for the whole belt change. she didn't fall for it...maybe for fear of the Fall

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok so build houses for a living and here is my opinion( not that it matters...)

IF I were to build that same thing....big if.....I would sheet the ramps and stand all the way around, use treated wood instead, notice where the tires are located in the last pic, he really needs about 6-8 studs sandwiched together for strength under each of them, right now the only thing holding that up is a couple 2X10's. I would have built it a little taller, framed in the front wall and sheeted it too. somewhere along the tracks I would have drilled some holes to put a movable metal X brace so you have good bracing and you can move it out of the way.

with those few things, and some forthought I would have to say if I couldn't find a lift on craigslist then I would build one in a heartbeat.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Ok so build houses for a living and here is my opinion( not that it matters...)

IF I were to build that same thing....big if.....I would sheet the ramps and stand all the way around, use treated wood instead, notice where the tires are located in the last pic, he really needs about 6-8 studs sandwiched together for strength under each of them, right now the only thing holding that up is a couple 2X10's. I would have built it a little taller, framed in the front wall and sheeted it too. somewhere along the tracks I would have drilled some holes to put a movable metal X brace so you have good bracing and you can move it out of the way.

with those few things, and some forthought I would have to say if I couldn't find a lift on craigslist then I would build one in a heartbeat.
So, can you build me one for my 8300 pound truck? :)

Ford Truck Articles