Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Instrument cluster

My husband and I decided to do a little recon on my truck. I was really tired of not being able to see how fast I was going at night. So I got it in my head that I was going to change the bulbs in my cluster. I did not do this job all by myself, (although I probably should have). So we changed out all of the bulbs and replaced the clusters back in its home. We turned the truck on and all of the gauges were not working. Took the cluster back out and found that when my husband put it back, he was a little rough on it and scratched the printed circuit on the back. I can't seem to find a replacement. I have to buy a cluster from a junk yard or buy a new one. I don't like either option. Does anyone know where I can find just the printed circuit?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Best bet is a junk yard like pick n pull or the like. I would let some of our ford techs jump in though, as I think some of them may be vin coded.

He told me to try rear defroster repair kit. The kit cost like 13 bucks. That is crazy cool!

It didn't work. My repair manual says to check all the fuses and wiring. I did check the fuses and they were all good. But I don't know enough to check the wiring. Do you think I just need to visit a junk yard?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts