Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

injector swap question

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
"Swapping" injectors is more than just pulling the old ones and replacing with new ones.

The EV6's have a different plug than the Mod injectors. And new bigger injectors require a custom tune on the computer or else you would over fuel and **** your motor hard.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
From what I can tell they are a different plug, that is not to say there are not adapters out there for them... If you find an adapter let me know. I have 2 sets of 19's I am not using I would send to you for shipping. Free of charge.

ok i may do that i did a little snooping in the shop and pulled a injector out of a 94 f150 with a 5oh and one out of a 2000 expedition with a 5.4 and from what i can tell the injector is the same the only differnce is the pintle design. and from what ive been reading people are changing to the 96 5oh explorer injectors with no modifications to anything else. if i am wrong correct me, the reason i was wondering about doing this was the pintle design is different on the 96 explorer injectors giving it better atomization thus increasing hp throttle response and mpg.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts