Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

import.......

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Welp, since you asked.

2010-Kia-Sorento-Performance.jpg

KIA Sorento, built in West Point, Ga. with 60% domestic parts content. That's higher than a GMC Yukon made in Mexico. :rofl:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah, but the corporate profits go back to Korea..no thank you very much...and as much as I despise GM, I would send my money to them before an outright foreign owned company.

Last edited:
The block heater plug on my SD is made in Canada... does that count And the Alternator was made in MEHECO!!!!

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I wouldn't not buy a Toyota just because they're Japanese... Not that I'm particularly fond of Toyota, but still.

Should the Koreans not buy GMs because they are American? Think of what that would do to our global export market if the whole world had the same philosiphy you do?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I wouldn't not buy a Toyota just because they're Japanese... Not that I'm particularly fond of Toyota, but still.

Should the Koreans not buy GMs because they are American? Think of what that would do to our global export market if the whole world had the same philosiphy you do?

Then you would have a multitude of consumer imposed intra country economies. Each consumer gets to do what he or she wants to do. That's the beauty of it.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It's a choice Matt, one I can make in a free country (for now, anyway)....just as they are free to do. I'm not going to get into a globalization discussion as that will open a huge can of worms :D.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts