Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Im a believer!!!

In the holly 600 cfm carb...

I always thought 600 seemed a little small, especially for larger motors. Boy was i wrong. My 460 is relatively mild. Bored a little, valve job, cammed up, nothing extreme. Slap a holly 600 on there, that thing is a screamer. Lots of power throughout the RPM range. Im afraid of breaking stuff now. Someday ill get around to getting a video of it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holley FTW...outta curiousity, is this a stock replacement Holley or is this a 'performance' carb. Glad you're happy with it, I bet 80% of the guys out there have carb problems because their carb is too big. Can't wait to see a vid.

Idk as to what it is. It isnt a ford holly. I think the list number on the carb was 1850-1 or something of the like. I was talking to the previous owner of the motor and i guess he used to have a 780 on it, and it was too much. I guess he didnt have much low end, and in the mornings when warming up, after a while it would load up and die. Went to a 600, solved everything, and gained lots of power

I took my good running 600 off my mild built 460 & put a 750 3310 on it. I picked up a little more than 2mpg with the 750. Go figure that.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Go figure that.

Undercarburation is as bad as overcarburation.

Altitude, not surprisingly, makes a huge difference.

I have an Eddy 600cfm on my 390. In North Carolina, it was fine, but in Montana, it's too rich (fixed that) and has a very poor mid range responce (can't fix that)...

I want a 570 Holley next...

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Try a stiffer set of springs on the metering rods or try playin with the rod size. I messed with the rods, jets and springs on my 1406 and it woke it up a ton.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts