Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ignition wiring help!

Spidey2011

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
Okay. So I bought a 68 F100 with a 390 in it. Long story short, that 390 got toasted. So I bought my bro's old 78 F150 which I was told had a 390. Started pulling it, and it's a 1970ish 351W out of a Mustang. Bored .060 over, dished pistons, ported heads, and all that neat stuff, so I really wanna make this work. It's already dropped in and all I'm waiting on is the wiring.

It looks to be a duraspark ignition system of some kind, and I believe I have everything wired correctly, except the white and red/blue wires from the module. Not sure where the hell those go to, because my ignition switch isn't labeled. On the ignition switch from the donor truck, the white went to I1 and the red/blue went to ST. Does anyone have a diagram of the stock ignition switch for a 68 F100 so I can maybe figure out where these two wires go?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I might...I can look tomorrow

Spidey2011

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
Ok, so I'm pretty sure I know where the white wire goes. It should go to the starter solenoid, if I'm reading these diagrams correctly. So the only mystery left is where the red/blue wire goes. I do have a red/blue wire coming from my ignition switch and it also goes to the starter solenoid, on the opposite side. Does it need to splice into that somewhere?

Here's the wire that's holding me up, btw.
mkx9.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
This is the closest I seem to able to find at the moment...and I hope you can read them as I'm having computer issues with scanning

This is a 1970, but I'm pretty damn sure they are the same:

DSCF4258.JPG

DSCF4259.JPG

DSCF4260.JPG

Ignore the pencil writing, was on them when I bought them

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You're welcome...hope you get it working!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Right on!, happy to hear it helped!

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Wiring can be a real headache , and it is also like a
Math or calculus problem, or even a computer program
It just has to be a certain way or it isn't going to work at all

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts