Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

If you want something done right.......

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
For all here, I'm NOT going to say ANYTHING about low or no oil pressure and engines quitting. I've talked about that enough. ROFLMAO

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Uhhh I can't speak for anyone else.However, I used to work at one of those fine establishments...before i left they wanted to keep me so bad that they offered memanager...yay 9.50 an hour for 63 hour weeks...riiiiiiiiight.fastest time in the company too by god...haha 2 mins 34 secs biatches.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Uhhh I can't speak for anyone else.However, I used to work at one of those fine establishments...before i left they wanted to keep me so bad that they offered memanager...yay 9.50 an hour for 63 hour weeks...riiiiiiiiight.fastest time in the company too by god...haha 2 mins 34 secs biatches.

2 mins, 34 seconds? You can't be including drain time.. :rofl:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Sweet. At work I got a "real old change" done in 20 min. Set on lift, drain, filter, ckover (brakes, tire pressure, and such) then let it down, fill the oil, top off everything start it up, ck the lights and drive it out. I could do it in my driveway in 30 min or so, so why wouldnt I be faster with a lift. Haha. 2 min tho, thats awsome.

So I went down there expecting a battle. I get out of the truck I had to borrow to get home and head for the office. Two of the guys that were there when the work was done were outside and saw me get out of a vehicle that was not the one they worked on. One said 'Hey, how's the ford?' My reply "Not good, and I am pissed" and I continued on with the story. He turned around and looked at the other guy, who happened to be the one that put the filter on, and told him to get his ass inside. I walked in with them, and they went into the managers office, explaining what had happen. The manager came out and asked me a few questions, and asked where the truck was, he would go look at it. He loaded up a new filter and oil, and headed out the 25 miles to my sisters house. Ok, pretty painless so far. I stopped at the store then headed out there myself. When I arrived he was already looking at the truck. I walked over to it and he proceeded to tell me that he looked everything over and the filter was fine and not leaking, and that he only had to add less then a quart of oil. (After he and one of the other guys at the shop had told me that the dipstick shows when you are 2 quarts or less low, and since it was dry, I was at least 2 quarts low) and that the drain plug on the oil pan needed to be replaced. I called bs flag ......and became instantly angry. I chewed him up one side and down the other with the fact that 1) I had NEVER had a oil leak before the work they did, 2) if there was an issue with the drain plug I would have had a leak which I didn't, along with the fact that my receipt showed everything checked out ok, and I was not told anything was wrong. I advised he better re-think what he had just said to me, and he better find the issue and fix it or he would end up a very unhappy man, because I would have the truck towed and fixed and it would be coming out of his a**. He said fine and started looking at the filter again. Well this time he let the truck run a few minutes and crawled under it. He then got out, turned it off, took off the filter and grabbed the new one. He looked at me and said 'When the pressure built up oil started to spray out at the filter, I am going to put a new one on.' I said "Oh, like I told you from the start and you said I was wrong?"............he just crawled under the truck and put on the new filter. With the new one on and the truck running for a bit and more oil added to put me at the proper amount, all seemed to be ok. He said 'Sorry for the inconvenience, I am sure my manager will send you something for your trouble" and left.

She seemed to run fine on the way home, I guess only time will tell. I did talk to one of my mechanic buddies and he said he will take a look at it just to make sure.

To be fair to both of you, I don't think Chris is aware of the country you drive through. It's about as remote as it gets anywhere in the lower 48. Guys tend to be more sanguine about the idea of leaving the vehicle on the side of the road and hiking or sticking out a thumb- but there's reasons for that.

Stoopid question- do you carry? And if not, why not? There's some interesting folks and activites going on in those woods.

Sometimes but not always, usually have the dogs. But this time I happened to not have either.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Did you keep the other filter just in case???

And to the previous discussion, I'll drive my vehicle till it stops I don't live in an area that is best to get stranded in the dark, however I usually have extra stuff just in case shit goes wrong...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Sometimes but not always, usually have the dogs. But this time I happened to not have either.

Ah- but you know what I'm talking about, right? For everyone else, anyone who goes out hiking in rural Southern Oregon unarmed right now is nuckin futz. There's a huge secondary agricultural industry going on in the woods, and you never know when you could stumble into an operation... or, worse yet, the owners. Interesting times.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
K Charlene I apologize if I offended you. I guess I'm just so nuts about my truck that I'm willing to do crazy things to save it :) Conflict of interest.

Sounds like it all turned out all right. If he only put in 1 or 2 quarts then you didn't run it dry. Good news YelloThumbUp Keep us posted with what they do to compensate you, I'm curious.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I guess I'm just so nuts about my truck that I'm willing to do crazy things to save it :) Conflict of interest.

I'm about as nuts about my truck as anyone (ask my ex-roommate...:rolleyes:), but I'm nuts-er about myself. Trucks are repairable, and replaceable.

I'd walk a long ways to save damage to the truck, but I'd wreck to save a life- mine or someone elses.

blacksnapon

Staff member
cough cough** no way in hell** cough

I won't pay a stealership to do ANY work on ANY of my rigs, period...

I dont want to touch any vehicle, AT ANY TIME, when the owner has the "stealership" mentality! If I am the only one that is capaple of repairs on this vehicle, they will have to tow it elsewhere!

Ah- but you know what I'm talking about, right? For everyone else, anyone who goes out hiking in rural Southern Oregon unarmed right now is nuckin futz. There's a huge secondary agricultural industry going on in the woods, and you never know when you could stumble into an operation... or, worse yet, the owners. Interesting times.

Oh I know, I have actually seem some.......

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I dont want to touch any vehicle, AT ANY TIME, when the owner has the "stealership" mentality! If I am the only one that is capaple of repairs on this vehicle, they will have to tow it elsewhere!

No offense Vince, just had some bad issues with every Ford dealership in this valley pulling stupid crap and giving the run around then doing stuff that was supposed to be okayed before anything was ever touched, I've had better luck with the Jeep dealership than any others....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts