Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

If I had to buy another 4x4...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good catch.....it looks like a nice rig though, but you never know.smilieFordlogo

Whatever you do...never buy from him, you'll be sorely disappointed. He essentially polishes turds.

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
Damn, thanks for the heads-up, guys. It sucks that these a-holes always seem to be attracted to the used car market. I had no idea, but that's what makes a board like this so good!

I bought a used '95 Ram years ago from the used car lot of a "reputable" dealer in Northern Virginia –*Coons Ford. I was so excited about this thing and I let my emotions get the best of me and didn't scrutinize the truck as much as I should've.

Long story short; after alot of sleuth work, I found out that it had been perched over the cab of the transporter when Coons bought it at an auction in PA and had it brought to VA. The transporter went under a low bridge and sheered the roof right off this truck. Peeled it back like opening a can of sardines and laid the roof back against the bed rails.

Coons did a shoddy job of replacing the cab, repainting the cab and parts of the bed and did a great job of selling it to me with no inkling of the damage. When I found the vanity mirror on the passenger visor was curiously smashed and the doors leaked like crazy, ruined the carpet and the cab started making strange noises, I tracked it all back to the body shop that did the original work and they sang like a songbird.

Carfax didn't catch this mess because the damage and repair was all done while in the care of Coons Ford, so it was hidden. The dealership, of course, told me to shove off and I swear the fat-*** who sold it to me laughed all the way back into his little porta-trailer on the dealership lot.

BUYER. BE. WARE.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts