Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

IAT ?

korg70kbc

California Chapter member
Hello,
Where the IAT sensor connects, I take it that its NOT supposed to spin around?:rotz: And, what problems, if any,[confused] does it cause, cuz its REAL LOOSE!!!!

Thanks
Laurie'peace'

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hello,
Where the IAT sensor connects, I take it that its NOT supposed to spin around?:rotz: And, what problems, if any,[confused] does it cause, cuz its REAL LOOSE!!!!

Thanks
Laurie'peace'
You are talking about the intake air temperature sensor behind the oil filter housing........right? I would say, you might get a driveability issue turbo related, or performance related if it was bad. I would think it would store a DTC if it was totally failed. It may or may not turn on the MIL.

korg70kbc

NO CODES, BUT, I am having power issues, I think anyway. There is a LOT of crap all over the engine. Especially, the intakes. I'm not sure if I should replace it all or not? I cleaned most of it so I could see where exactly its coming from. Seems like the clamps aren't tight enough if u ask me. I can post the pic of it..............................

blacksnapon

Staff member
NO CODES, BUT, I am having power issues, I think anyway. There is a LOT of crap all over the engine. Especially, the intakes. I'm not sure if I should replace it all or not? I cleaned most of it so I could see where exactly its coming from. Seems like the clamps aren't tight enough if u ask me. I can post the pic of it..............................
OK, I just noticed you have a 7.3. Cleaning thoroughly will assist you. Clamps being loose can be a path for boost leakage.

korg70kbc

oh yeah, when I cleaned the air filter & battery box etc etc, it became a huge task to clean everything else. BEFORE
2126169370036932923S200x200Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
2015885560036932923S200x200Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JUST TRYING TO FIGUREOUT WHY SO BIG A MESS & FOUND THAT THING SPINNING
SORRY,JUST BROKEKEYBOARD
THANKFULLY I HAVESPARES

korg70kbc

See Pics, Thats Just Intake(? ) Side, I Guess I Better Test It For Leaks. Got Any Ideas Onhow 2 Test Sorry Keyboard Is Toast After Hitting It

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Those hoses are for your charge air cooler, we change them and the clamps all the time for oil seepage. The IAT is ok to spin as long as it doen't just fall out should be kind of a snug fit.

korg70kbc

yes, I know about the cooler & tubes. What I don't understand is why r they leaking? & where? OR where can I get replacements if necessary?
the IAT won't seat properly. It does feel like its ready to just drop off...do I just put a spacer in??

Last edited:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
yes, I know about the cooler & tubes. What I don't understand is why r they leaking? & where? OR where can I get replacements if necessary?
the IAT won't seat properly. It does feel like its ready to just drop off...do I just put a spacer in??

What happens is the clamps get weak, the rubber gets porus and they just start to seep from the boost pressure, you can get them at any ford dealer. Where is the IAT located on your truck just so I can get an idea how to repair it.?

korg70kbc

What happens is the clamps get weak, the rubber gets porus and they just start to seep from the boost pressure, you can get them at any ford dealer. Where is the IAT located on your truck just so I can get an idea how to repair it.?

Thanks for the help.:bow: The IAT & MAP are on the compressor manifold. :scratch: (hopefully, if I'm wrong, u'll tell me, right?):paranoid:
I'll work on getting new clamps & hoses when I go down to get the new cps sensor.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Thanks for the help.:bow: The IAT & MAP are on the compressor manifold. :scratch: (hopefully, if I'm wrong, u'll tell me, right?):paranoid:
I'll work on getting new clamps & hoses when I go down to get the new cps sensor.

The IAT sensor should be located in the air inlet tube some where around the airfilter assembly. I have been unable to find a good pic in my books. The map has a hose that runs to the manifold, there also mabe a heater in the manifold assembly as well, can you get a pic ?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
YEP, ALREADY DID IT. I HAD A FEELING I'D SCREW UP...SORRY
2450846810036932923S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] if its not too much trouble...could u tell me what that is then?

OK the black solinoid is used to control the wast gate on the turbo, that big wire thats attatched to the manifold is the heater, that solinoid usually just screws to the manifold and can be loose, if the heater wires are loose just tighten that 10mm nut on the end.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts