Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I ponied up.

Plan's changed. Money talk's, so I placed an order on his special... Ported SCJA heads through CarsByCarl. 2-3 weeks wait.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
So is that an upgrade or a downgrade?

Ryan

So is that an upgrade or a downgrade?

Ryan

Well, it would be a bit of a "down grade" IMO... These heads, being ported, will flow better on the exhaust side, but won't do quite as good a job on the intake side. They will work very well for my combo, and I only expect to loose around 30 H.P.

Have also decided to go with a solid flat tappet camshaft vs. a solid roller. The flat tappet camshaft will live a little longer on the street, and is going to cost significantly less. Expect to loose 40 H.P. there, as well.

Decided that having fun is not worth the money I would be putting into this thing, and would rather save more for school.

I believe that 650ish H.P. is still going to do a fine job when it comes to sh*tting my self!

Last edited:
You bet! Full roller, reverse pattern C-6 built by Broader Performance Transmissions.

Originally I was going to build the transmission my self, but figured that since transmissions are relatively inexpensive, I'd let the pro's do it! Going with a 3500 RPM stall through Edge converters.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts