Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I need advice. to trade in or to keep?

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Last edited:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i think i want to puke with that silver one...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i think its more the fact it looks slammed and riced out... its no longer a truck imo...

2nd one looks like its from VA by them plates...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
A truck can be a truck sitting low, there's plenty of suspension mods to make it perform even better than stock...

not in my opinion... if ya want a low rider, get an old buick and slam it.. not a pickup...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
not in my opinion... if ya want a low rider, get an old buick and slam it.. not a pickup...

A car is useless, I can set a 2wd one ton on air and it'll still have at least the same capacity as when it was stock.

Also, a spring under axle swap changes nothing but the elevation

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
A car is useless, I can set a 2wd one ton on air and it'll still have at least the same capacity as when it was stock.

Also, a spring under axle swap changes nothing but the elevation

only until you have them sitting so low that you have to cut into the bed just to make room for your axle and driveshaft to slide into... then you lose your bed space to load anything into except some grocery bags.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
My super duty is bagged eric. Just take a few leaf springs out and youre good

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
A short bed is good for looks, nothing more. Can't load a motorcycles in one and close the tail gate. Can't haul plywood. Have to go taller to haul a ton of hay.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
A short bed is good for looks, nothing more. Can't load a motorcycles in one and close the tail gate. Can't haul plywood. Have to go taller to haul a ton of hay.

super shortie id agree... theyre made for nothing more than grabbing bags of mulch and occasional grocery shopping...

now a short bed...

IMG-20130421-00264_zps8d51d380.jpg

i still found some use for mine... only 1'3" difference between mine and long bed...

DSC00008.jpg

and was a little nicer to get in and outta the woods to go camping..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts