Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I Must Be Out Of my Mind????

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I have not even finished my 78 Bronco project yet
bronco189.jpg

and I have already started planning another build out of all my left over parts?
I was wondering what to do with all the stuff I have left and I decided to go ahead and build a truggy out of it, I am going to take my 250
bronco188.jpg

shorten the wheel base and put my old 44's on it
bronco186.jpg

I got fenders and a hood for it and I think I'll narrow the front, build a small bed and put my bed tool box back there?
anyways I haven't posted here in awhile so I thought I would tell ya what I was thinking...Later....Rick

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Married with children my friend, the only reason I am even thinking about it is because I have most of this already, I figure its better to build something out of it then junk it, nobody is really buying any of this stuff nowadays, atleast around here, but who knows, I still have to finish the bronco , I just really wanted to post on here and thats what was on my mind at the time....Rick

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I don't see anything wrong with it. It makes perfect sense to me, just don't ask my wife........... she just rolls her eyes after all these years.

I keep one side of the shop for her car - the rest of it has so many left over parts sitting around that my trucks sit outside.

Is this a great hobby or what??!! Nice to hear from you again Rick.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
It make sense to me too, but I'm not going to bring it up to the wife:blah: , thats why I came here:D

Go for it! I have an old 75 one ton dually crew that I bought for a parts truck that might not end up as a parts truck. I know where there is a 78 just like it I can pick up for $100. I have to get started on the supercab first but that project has to wait until I get moved to the new house.

Last edited:

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Yea we were going to sell our house and move down south somewheres, so I was going to get rid of all of it, but now we decided to stay where we are for now, use the equity in the house and start a small buisness, the wife has always wanted a small diner and everybody has to eat. so it sounds like what she has in mind might just work , we found a small place down by a bunch of bars and she wants to stay open until after the bars close and serve drunk food!! I LIKE IT!! I am going to see if I can make it happen for her, besides this way I get to keep all my shet!!??smiliepeelout

Last edited:

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
y'all just ain't marryin the right ones if they're constantly giving you chit about your projects. i promised my ex fiance that i'd keep beer in both fridges, the shop and the house, and wldn't give him chit abt his projects cuz he's got some awesome ones. 57 belair, 69 firebird, 66 catalina, etc etc etc.... oh, and a john deere that i wldn't let him sell if he tried. yet i'm the ex here and he got hitched to this banana beaked hooker that got preggo like the first time they got together and won't let him spend $500 on a pontiac 455 & transmission cuz of the kids christmas.... it's friggin august. *shaking my head* men keep bitching but they keep picking the ones that are gonna *****... wth? *shaking my head*

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
y'all just ain't marryin the right ones if they're constantly giving you chit about your projects. i promised my ex fiance that i'd keep beer in both fridges, the shop and the house, and wldn't give him chit abt his projects cuz he's got some awesome ones. 57 belair, 69 firebird, 66 catalina, etc etc etc.... oh, and a john deere that i wldn't let him sell if he tried. yet i'm the ex here and he got hitched to this banana beaked hooker that got preggo like the first time they got together and won't let him spend $500 on a pontiac 455 & transmission cuz of the kids christmas.... it's friggin august. *shaking my head* men keep bitching but they keep picking the ones that are gonna *****... wth? *shaking my head*

Connie it's his loss not yours. I bet he is starting to realize how lucky he was before.

Take a number Pig !

:)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts