Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I must be missing something, how did ford cool this thing from the factory?

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Also check your timing. Mine was retarded ( I don't remember how many degrees) The Exhaust manifold was getting too hot and radiating heat to the fuel line, causing what sometimes appeared to be vapor lock. A proper tune up and voila! the heat calmed down a lot. Just a thought, I a no expert, but it worked for me!
Dak

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I put in a super cooler in my truck but I run a 390 with mechanical fan. Mine was out of a 460 in a super cab and so I got the old fan and housing too. I also run a fan clutch on it. My t stat is a 195 which is oem temp. Mine gets a little warm but never out of the normal range. I was also wonderin if this was a new radiator or a used one. I had to change mine out and buy a new one cause the old one sprung a leak and it made a difference in the coolin.

well my daily driver lost a wheel cylinder and I just got done fixing that, and never got around to taking pics of the fans, maybe tomorrow.... anyone else have a half ton with a super cooler? how well does your lower hose fit?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Mines a 3/4 but its close my hose just barely touches the cross member. My heater hose went on either way so we just found a way that gave us a little more clearance.

Ford Truck Articles