Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I hate this truck...I really do

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It could be worse, and I've never shopped for this SPECIFIC compressor, but many compressors are around $800.

Ryan

There's a seller/store on ebay that my family has used several times that's routinely half price of even the cheapest chain store prices. We put one on my mom's old Dodge conversion van, there's one in her sploder right now, there's one in my brother's jeep, I put one in the big blue E350 I had, and we put one in my dad's caddy a month or so ago. None of the compressors were over $219...with no core charge. Here's the one we picked up for the caddy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ300417106946QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT

and their store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Auto-A-C-Discount-Store

I guess time will tell how long they'll last. So far the longest we've had a rig after putting one in is the Jeep...and that compressor has held strong for 3 years

$80-$150 per hour here.

Around these parts...if you're talking a back yard mechanic with a shop, you're talking $25-35/hr. An average shop around here will be $40-60. A pretty good shop will be sub $80/hr. And the you start talking gooooooooood, really good shops when you're at $100+/hr. Then the arena I like to hang out in are the smaller, word of mouth shops that do awesome work, and charge you based on how much beer you bring.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I worked at one shop and at Christmas we would get enough beer to last till feb. Those were the days.....

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
I truly wished you guys were closer!!!

Took the seats outside today, one of our rare sunny days, shampooed the heck out of them and they look awesome!!!! They started as the skankiest, smelling, won't-let-the-dog-on nasty. I'm hoping the carpeting comes out just as nice.

Took the console apart...you're right, it's pretty cool now that it's cleaned up.

Point of my comment: I would love to learn more about how to do maint on it (truck needs a name).

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Not granny panties though, right? Just a nice little pair of thong panties maybe? smilietease

Sorry, panties was about the only word in all that I can comment on with some knowledge and experience. :wasntme:

:headbang:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts