Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I guess ya'll can know about...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Congrats on the new ride, austin. My mom's exploder has quite a few miles on it and does okay. It has high-mileage problems here and there that are minor (sensors, brakes, etc) but it's been pretty darn good to her.

My buddy had a 2001 exploder that he finally blew the rear end out of with like 350,000 miles, and it was a 4x4 with the 4.0L as well.

Ryan

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Congrats on the new ride, austin. My mom's exploder has quite a few miles on it and does okay. It has high-mileage problems here and there that are minor (sensors, brakes, etc) but it's been pretty darn good to her.

My buddy had a 2001 exploder that he finally blew the rear end out of with like 350,000 miles, and it was a 4x4 with the 4.0L as well.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, it's good the hear that I can see a few more miles out of it! smilieFordlogo

offroadkarter

New Jersey Chapter member
NJ
they are extremely nice vehicles.. theres 2 things i dont like bout our sploder...

1. the seats: 2 reasons, they are extremely cold in the morning as they are leather, and are not heated. 2. there is not enough lumbar support... nothing compared to my flareside...

2. its an absolute DOG!!! so slow!!!!!

They do have heated seats, go find a limited or eddie bauer and swap into your truck....

Also, the buckets are almost the exact same as fullsize seats, except explorers have power....

Lastly, you bought a 4.0 OHV, of course its a dog, its got 155hp of fury...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts