Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I got some problems with my lights

The problem I'm having is that when ever I use my driver side turn signal when my running lights or headlights r on it comes on but does not blink. But when they r off my turn signal blinks. Iv changed my turn signal fuse n Iv changed the turn signal bulbs 3 times. Im also having a problem with my driver side head light, the low beam does not work but the high beam does n Iv also tried 3 different bulbs. If anyone know what is causing this or has had this happen to them n knows how to fix it please let me know. Thx, bill

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
You prob have a wiring prob, id look into that. Does the truck have a plow on it? My buddys 94 F250 had a plow, and when he bought the truck he sold the plow setup off it, and the guys that took it off, twisted the wires under the dash together for the lights, and he lost the low beams on both sides.

Also ck for power at the turn signal plug when you have headlights on and turn sig. It shouldnt change, unless the multfunction is messed up. You can pull that out and ck for power at the back for the turn sigs. Will be the 1st step in seeing where the power is gettin lost from.

Sounds like the lamp sockets are not grounded.

x2 clean up the ground to bare metal and much sure under the hood everythings grounded. a ground from battery to engne block,ground from engine to firewall and ground from battery to inner fender metal. i had the same prob with my turn signal and i had put the tail light bulb in wrong, it would wrk w/o lights on and just lit up when ligts were on

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts