Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I got a free...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
...400. Supposedly rebuilt right before the truck was bought, and then the 400 was yanked for a 460...and the 400 has been sitting for the last 3 months or so. It's claimed to have a brand new rotating assembly, so I'll give it a look. Down side is, the engine was sitting in a barn with the intake and one valve cover off. That doesn't really matter though, I don't plan on using it...more to rob parts from if need be. Anyway, I was pretty stoked about it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks man...nothing too exciting, but I rarely get free stuff or killer deals, so I'm pretty stoked when I do. I'm usually the guy that just misses a good deal or is impatient and doesn't wait for the deal to come along...so it's nice not paying full retail for a change.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Cool stuff. I'll take the block when you're done. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Cool stuff. I'll take the block when you're done. :D

Sure...$100 and it's yourssmilietease. Seriously though, I have no use for the block, I got it for the accessories more or less...like the front cover, valve covers, oil pan, etc.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Was that free-hundred?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHA...if you let me grab everything I want to grab, and you want to drive up here and get it, you'll drive away with basically a short block.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
HAHA...if you let me grab everything I want to grab, and you want to drive up here and get it, you'll drive away with basically a short block.

Sounds good to me. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
come to NJ and there are more...:) engines...ben keeps missing them...cool find on the 400 ben

Well see...what actually happens is, in my area there are a good bit of Chevy guys. Definitely outnumber the Ford guys, easily 10:1. So whenever the Chevy guys get there hands on something Ford, they have their usual inflated value in mind. Then there are so few Ford guys in my direct area, when they let something go, it's typically at a premium. Very rarely, will you see a good deal or something free within a 90 mile radius of me. Usually for a deal on parts, I have a make a good 2+hour drive...then once gas is calculated it, it's not as good of a deal. This one though, I wasn't even looking for this, a guy on another site PM'ed me and asked if I wanted it. So I said sure.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts