Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

"I blew up my 2008 F350 on biodiesel"

blacksnapon

Staff member
There will always be someone trying to "skirt"the system. They'll try something, and when it goes wrong, they start hollering "Ford screwed me". We deal with this on an everyday basis. Guy came in yesterday with a 4x4 F250 "The damned thing just quit running!". His problem started because My son was the one that pulled his ignorant ass out of the river. Cant figure out why the dealership is sceptical? We've heard it all before-many,many times.

So B99 could do that to a 6.4? How tough are the new Piezo injectors?

When I posted that, I thought it sounded fishy......it only had 200 miles and already had B99 in it? What happened to the full tank of fuel upon delivery? I think there is more,.....alot more to the story to the point the whole deal may be fiction...

blacksnapon

Staff member
I think the guy had a genuine issue other than the fuel. B99 could possibly damage the dpf and/or the doc. The fatty acid methyl esthers cause trouble in todays engines. Ford is working toward making more engines bio acceptable, but not yet. The bio may have caused an odd build up in the dpf, then when regeneration happens, Poof. This is all speculation, of course, we probably wont hear the complete truth. At this point, DONT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE 6.4!

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Where is the proof any of this happened? As someone pointed out on another site, one gets a free tank of fuel upon delivery, so none of this makes sense.

Where is the proof? Have any of you ever had a warranty repair done, or an arbitration hearing? Do any of you know how Ford's warranty policy is handled? The whole things a fake, because what the original penner on autoblod states doesn't make sense.

The District Office is in charge, and it's they who handle repairs. It is they who get reps to fly out, not the dealer. In 35 years as a partsman for Ford, I handled and processed 1000's of warranty claims, none of this makes sense to me. Ford doesn't fly someone out from Dearborn over one claim.

Where is the proof? Who was the selling dealer? Who at Ford handled the claim? What's the Repair Order number? What's the VIN?

Ppl will fall for anything. Autoblog is not an authorized industry site, any one can go there and post anything. This whole thing is nothing but caca del toro!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Where is the proof any of this happened? As someone pointed out on another site, one gets a free tank of fuel upon delivery, so none of this makes sense.

Where is the proof? Have any of you ever had a warranty repair done, or an arbitration hearing? Do any of you know how Ford's warranty policy is handled? The whole things a fake, because what the original penner on autoblod states doesn't make sense.

The District Office is in charge, and it's they who handle repairs. It is they who get reps to fly out, not the dealer. In 35 years as a partsman for Ford, I handled and processed 1000's of warranty claims, none of this makes sense to me. Ford doesn't fly someone out from Dearborn over one claim.

Where is the proof? Who was the selling dealer? Who at Ford handled the claim? What's the Repair Order number? What's the VIN?

Ppl will fall for anything. Autoblog is not an authorized industry site, any one can go there and post anything. This whole thing is nothing but caca del toro!
I agree with the proof part of it, the only part that makes this somewhat believable is the newness of the 08. Remember how ford in a first run of anything, wanted all warranty return parts shipped back. After a while they kind of slack off. They would be more likely to "go above and beyond" because of the 6.4 and the less than stellar track record of the 6.0. As a certified diesel tech, I too think the poster was just "stirring a turd to make it stink".

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I agree with the proof part of it, the only part that makes this somewhat believable is the newness of the 08. Remember how ford in a first run of anything, wanted all warranty return parts shipped back. After a while they kind of slack off. They would be more likely to "go above and beyond" because of the 6.4 and the less than stellar track record of the 6.0. As a certified diesel tech, I too think the poster was just "stirring a turd to make it stink".
Right you are, first year, all the 1863 stuff goes back, after that period, it's whatever Ford wants.

For y'all that don't know. 1863 refers to the warranty repair order form number. It was given that number to honor Henry Ford, cuz 1863 was the year 'ol grouchy Henry Ford was born.

I still believe the story...is FICTION! Too much pertinant data that only some of us Ford guys know, is missing. There's no ref to the Ford District where the reps are, that right there smells bad. And dealers don't have reps fly out, the District does. As I posted elsewhere, this is nothing but an attempt to discredit Ford. Anyone can go to autoblog and post anything.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts