Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Huffing coolant

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
So Ive noticed a slight issue and i think ive narrowed down the problem, i just dont have a clue how to solve it...

There is vaporized coolant fogging out of my defrost vents once the truck is at temp, the more RPMs the worse it gets, and if i try to use heat or ac it blows constant and i cant breathe...
Its bad enough i have to windex my windshield before every trip, but it rained today and i had to have the windows part way up and i thought i was gunna pass out.

I think the issue is the 351 water pump flows alot more coolant than the 302 and the pressure is leaking out of the heater box into the cab...

Any thoughts on other possibilities or how to fix it?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I tried Huffing my old gf's taint once but it just ended badly..

huffing her......oh my friggin gawd.......u sure it was a her?! scott sounds like a bad heatercore

Yeah, but wouldnt he know if its a bad heatercore because of the absolutely horrid odor that is emitted when the core takes a **** and boils off the coolant?

Does it smell like ass in the cab Scott?

I replaced my heater core like 3 or 4 years ago... :p

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
only takes bout 10 mintues to do......Scott can you tell if it's the ass smell from the core or could it be from a buddy of your's n some chick?BTW Tex thanks for the new sig!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah I think it's doubtful that the water pumps put out different pressure of even that the cores are different between the two trucks. Just sounds like a bad core. I'd pull the box apart and look for GREEN ;)

blacksnapon

Staff member
Yup, I'll have to agree on a heater core. You don't necessarily have to have an odor, but the fogging definately points to the core.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Goddammit now i have to work on the truck again...I wish i could have a period of time that I can just have a 100% truck

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I'm a strong believer in the way you treat a vehicle determines how it acts. I know what you mean though. it seems like no matter what you do the more you throw at it the more it wants....like a woman.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol, yea I know ur pain, my white truck is finally acting right. Other then a leaky front gas tank.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
i would go with heater core as well. since it is spring time (here anyways), you could bypass the core. either way, get it fixed because the "fog" can be deadly after a certain period of time.

SC
I'm a strong believer in the way you treat a vehicle determines how it acts.

This cant be true...I treat George like a rented mule and it just begs for more.

smilieFordlogo

Yeah man, thats your heater core.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
least it ain't a Jeep and Ford parts (can be) fairly inexpensive. kris I believe it's true. I've got a buddy with a 96 4x4 F-250 and he drives the chit out of it. he went through 3 E4OD's then onto an M5OD and now a T18..the truck just keeps spittin em out...it's a gorgeous truck but hates him and where he takes it. he can cruise through the woods on wide open trails just fine but the first time he hits any kind fo moisture...she spits n sputter then shuts off completely EVERY TIME. She's a 4x4 pavement princess and i keep tryin to tell him that. I'm also a believer in a truck has it's owners, like a dogsince he bought that truck (and paid WAY to much for it 7k) he has had issue after issue.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts