Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

howdy every one

i'm new to the site, found it looking for ford trucks. i grew up with ford trucks. i had an 88 f150 for awhile, and i really miss it. today i brought home my "new" truck, 93 f150. i got it dirt cheap from a friend. he had it running and smothing died. he went to jump it, with the key out, the starter cranked over, then a "spark show" stared flying from the batter. then it was dead. this is after, a new starter, new alt, and both alt plugs replaced. any ideas? thanks guys

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard man. Were the jumper cables on backwards? Have you tried a known good battery since the mishap? Have you checked the fuseable link?

don't know about the cables, backwards or not. have not yet tried another battery. witch fuseable like r u talking about? i forgot to mention, both alt plugs were not pluged in far enuff to engage the locking tabs, does that help any? YelloThumbUp

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Welcome to FTF!

Like Ben said, I would try a different battery and go from there..

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Welcome to the Nut House!

Welcome to the site, I'm only new here myself.

As for the sparking issue, I would review all your engine grounds, also make sure the base of the starter where it means the bell housing of the transmission is not painted, I've seen that before and it will not give you a very good ground. Check your battery positive side cables to see if they may be touching anywhere and may have worn through. Make sure you have a good connection on your battery ends. If the posts are dirty or the cable ends are lose or dirty themselves you can get some serious sparks.

GL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts