Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How to remove computer.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
How do I pull the computer out of my 85? I can get the bottom screws off but theres somethin holdin the top of the bracket that I cant see. I even went as far as pullin the cluster out and I cant see where its hangin up.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
There's a small number of 7th gen owners in here.I think that's why there's never alot of answers.Especially with a hard question like that.Not many people have to deal with that.

if i remeber right there just that 1 bolt holds a bracket over it take it off and and take the wire harresn off it should pull out off there if that dont work send me a message and i will go out in look at mine hope that helps

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Is it on the fire wall?
Maybe there is a screw or something through the back of the fire wall...
I dont really know only computer i have takin out was in a volvo and it only had 2 screws. It might need to be pried out, it could have something that stick it on there to stop and rattling or vibration.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
pull until it comes out.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
It has two screws on the bottom that I took off and then somethin else on the top that I cant see and cant get my hand up there to feel it. Its under the dash on the right side of the column. I took the cluster out and I still couldnt see where its held on.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
So its bolted to the collum of to the fire wall, if its the fire wall, look inside the engine bay about the same place your comp is and see what you can find.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Looks like its bolted somewhere on the metal support in the dash. Ill look under the hood and see if theres somethin there.

Last edited:

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Nothin under the hood but I moved a couple bundles of wire out of the way enough to get my hand in there some and I think I found where its holdin ill get to lookin at it a little later and see if thats where it was holdin.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts