Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How To Get The Cps Out

I am replacing my cps in my truck and i cant get it out of the whole any ideas on how to get the camshaft position sensor out please i am running out of day light.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Go from the top, and remember, its roughly 6-8 inches long.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
My Chilton manual just says to remove the harness, remove the bolt, and then remove the sensor. Sounds very straight forward.

well i put the cps in tonight and it did not studer at all so i think its fixed i hope so. so i will update if it starts to mess up again, I am taking it to the dealer tommoro to get the recals done so it does not catch on fire, thanks

New guy, question on the CPS problems.-F350 460 4x4

Hi. You guys were talking about the CPS...

I have a 97 F350 with the 7.5L it having some probs, can anyone tell what the usual systems are when a CPS fails?

thanks in advance!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I believe the thread starter is talking about the cam position sensor in a powerstroke diesel, which is an entirely different mechanism. Our gasser engines don't really have a cam position sensor, except for the small electrical deal inside of the distributor, also called a stator or pick-up coil.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts