Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How to embed YouTube videos in your posts..

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I found this to be pretty useful information, because I didn't know how to do it before-hand. I was thinking we could make this a sticky, maybe?

Say you're wanting to post a neat little player in your thread showing your YouTube video..

Get the link for the video on YouTube,

Sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQcy0PMIb9k

Copy everything after the = sign. (the vids ID number) in this case; kQcy0PMIb9k

Use the brackets to create the following tags.

{yt}paste your videos id number here{/yt} (use the [] brackets instead.)

And voila!

[yt]kQcy0PMIb9k[/yt]

Wow, I guess I'm dumb. Lol. Maybe some computer wiz can fix this for me.. =P

Oooh, ok.. is there some sort of code that needs to be set up through vbulletin for this to work? From looking on google that seems to be the case... my bad.

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lol!!! And PRESTO!!!...Uhhhh... nevermind... LOL!

Ryan (admin), look into this and see why it doesn't work. GET ON IT!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Moved to suggestion/site support forum.

And for those that do not know when you hit your "Post Reply" button and your reply box pops up, there is an icon that looks like
youtube.gif
in the upper right corner of the reply box. Click on it, insert your youtube link and it will show up embedded in your post.

Thanks Ryan.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Someone wanna edit Ryan's post? I don't mod here. I think this is how he intended it to be...

I found this to be pretty useful information, because I didn't know how to do it before-hand. I was thinking we could make this a sticky, maybe?

Say you're wanting to post a neat little player in your thread showing your YouTube video..

Get the link for the video on YouTube,

Sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQcy0PMIb9k

Copy everything after the = sign. (the vids ID number) in this case; kQcy0PMIb9k

Use the brackets to create the following tags.

[YOUTUBE]kQcy0PMIb9k[/YOUTUBE]

And voila!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts