Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How safe are these tires?

I just received an email back from a guy named Neal O'Neal (imagine that) at tirerack.com and he said to show the receipt from them to the installer and they would waive the disposal fee. An unexpected schedule and pay adjustment (on the positive side, for both schedule and pay) will allow my wifes whip will get a new set of shoes in the next month or so. The work situation and the fact that I studied up on the tires that are on there now and found out how dangerous they really are brand new much less in their compromised state. Yokohama Geolander A/T s are the top pick.

Okay, to bring these miserable tires to their grave. Woke up this morning and low and behold........another flat. Ordered a set of Geolanders, they should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Hey Thanks for doing that.

When people use sponsors of our site that helps us out.

I have no idea as to the agreement between FTF and tirerack but every bit helps.

Thanks again for using a site sponsor!

Sorry guys, not going to do a burnout video on this set. When I get off work in the morning I will be taking the truck in to have the General AmeriCraps swapped out for the new ones.

New shoes.

06-09-09_0930.jpg

rambler

New Shoes......
looks good, I've been considering tirerack.com as well, but with the charges, shipping, and then finding someone to install someone else's tires, I dont know if I would save any money...

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Sorry guys, not going to do a burnout video on this set. When I get off work in the morning I will be taking the truck in to have the General AmeriCraps swapped out for the new ones.

awwww! haha..

I'v always liked the look of those wheels, and I don't usually like stock wheels.

looks good, I've been considering tirerack.com as well, but with the charges, shipping, and then finding someone to install someone else's tires, I dont know if I would save any money...

This has been a very smooth transaction and I have no complaints on the service of Tire Rack. My car is due for new rubber but I dont think I am going to use Tire Rack again solely due to the shipping charges, which in this case were $83 alone. There is another online dealer that offers free shipping and carries the same line of tires. The prices are great, but the shipping on tire rack kills it. Maybe if they offered a discount for forum members might sweeten the deal a little more, but as it stand right now, I can find something else to spend that $83 on.

Ford Truck Articles