Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

how much is too much

so im pickin up a 79 f350 with 4.10 gears thought i might be able to slap in like a 3.55 gear from a junkyard new from bronco grave yard they are 373 each what s a good price or anyone have a set or sale they need to fit dana 60 thankssmilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Any particular reason you're wanting to swap gear sets? You don't like maximizing power to the ground? You think you might see a 1/2mpg difference? RPM at highway speed will only be a couple hundred different. Reason I say that is, I just don't see the purpose of the swap, and if were me, I'd want to know if I was spending unnecessarily.

That said...around here, for a good shop to set you up with fronts and rears, you're talking 5-600 in parts and 5-600 in labor.

u have a good point im gonna try to do alot of this work myself ith the help of a few friends with lots of 70s ford exp i guess i was thinkin the 355 would get the rpm down alot farther i know ill have it on the highway here n there for some 300mile trips and obviously im not super concerned with gas prices but thought they would pay for themselves over time maybe not tho thats the advantage of having u guys around as a sounding board thanks

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts