Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How do you keep your wipers on the window

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Has anybody had any success with keeping their wiper blades on the window while they are moving across the window, or is it just me.
If there is any wind at all, the wipers tend to skip across the window. I do have a bug shield on the front of the hood. Would that hinder the operation of the wipers.

I have replaced the blades and the wiper arms, with no change. Any ideas.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I don't think the bug shield would affect the wipers. Mine do not skip and I'm pretty sure I have the original arms. My only suggestion would have been the arms, but since you replaced them I guess that rules it out. Maybe try a different brand of blade. I use the anco ones that they sell in walmart. They seem to work pretty good. Hopefully someone might have a better answer for you.

emtzach

i get paid to do this
also try to slightly bend the middle of the arm towards the windshield it will compensate slightly for the springs wearing out i bit over time. I had to do this with my old bronco good luck

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
You could all ways try some glue :p

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Yes, I was looking at those in the bronco graveyard catalog the other day, and I wondered if they made any difference. Thanks for the info!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Well Duh, just drive faster. You don't need no stinkin' wings!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Doug...when I replaced the blades on my Bronco, I had the problem you're having. I decided to just bend the arm slightly, so there is a slight bow from the mechanism to the blade...haven't had an issue in the last 3 months.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thanks for the info Ben.

I can't drive fast enough to keep the water off the window,plus I chickened out at about 95.........

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts